Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new!

Hi! My real name is Sandi, and I'm new to this website and think it's a wonderful resource! My husband just started his 3rd year of med school, and we just found out yesterday that he passed the Boards and even ended up with a pretty good score! (I think it's good, anyway!) I am very, very thankful! He is on family practice rotation, and even though it's supposed to be one of the easiest, it's been pretty hard for me so far since he is no longer in charge of his hours. I am in grad school, so once the school year starts up again, it will be a lot easier, I think. Anyway, I just wanted to post and to say hi to everyone!

Welcome Sandy!

What are you studying? What does dh want to specialize in? Whatever your answer, I'm sure that you will find someone going through similar experiences here. Congrats on the good board scores.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome Sandy,
      Glad you found us. This is a great place for support. I look forward to getting to know you.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

more about me

Thank you guys for replying! I'm pursuing my Master's degree in language teaching, specifically French. My undergraduate degrees were in French and Music Education, and although I don't have big career goals (I look forward to being at home with kids in the future), we thought this would be a great time for me to get my Masters if ever I'm going to get one -- before kids, while my husband's in med school, and while it's free with an assistantship.

We're leaving today to go to a rural town for the second half of his family practice clerkship -- should be interesting! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Sandi

Comment

Hi Sandi,

Welcome to the board! My husband is a Family Practice attending in a rural town in Arkansas, and we like it a lot. (You should see my house!!!) Is FP a specialty he might consider? Mike's a "people person", so it's been a good fit for him.

Comment

family practice/AR

Yes, he is definitely considering family practice and actually leans that way, but this is only his first rotation so it's possible that he will change his mind after other experiences. He has always been interested in primary health care.

I'm actually from Arkansas originally! How long have you lived there? We are in Missouri.

Sandi

Comment

Working...
            X