Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

NHATAMATACTM - New here and there are many Acronyms that are confusing to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    Sorry, this will be the only time I EVER use the term "Agent Brown Eye" because it sounds like a creepy name for someone's asshole.
    OMG, drinking while reading is dangerous. I just wasted precious drops of Diet Coke!!!

Comment

Sorry, this will be the only time I EVER use the term "Agent Brown Eye" because it sounds like a creepy name for someone's asshole.
      HA! you don't even know how happy it makes me that somebody else thought the same thing!
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

that was hilarious

Comment

Oh how funny! Did I write Agent Brown Eye? I meant Agent Brown Eyes! I got a good laugh out of it though.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

And once again, we have completely hijacked the original thread. (funny though!)

We also tend to abbreviate whatever specialty that the spouse does- for me I usually write CN because Child Neurology or Neurologist is just stupidly long. As is the training.

Jenn

Comment

Sorry -- I have a habit of veering threads off into the ditch. Or gutter.

Comment

I always mess up the kid numbers. I don't like to write dd1 bc I like to indicate the age if the kid I'm talking about... So I have dd15 who is 15. Not my 15th kid lol.

I think it confuses ppl but it's just cuz I'm lazy like that!!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Other iMSN vocabulary:

Asshat - definition obvious
                  HUAS - Head Up Ass Syndrome (often provoking us to fire up the bus), also known as Craniorectalaisa
                  Crainoanalecotomy - removal of said head from said ass
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

This one was helping for me, even after being here for a few months now!

But, just in case I get past it sounding like someone's asshole, what the heck does it mean?

Also, YMMV - your miliage may vary -- what is the meaning of that saying?

Feeling very naive...hopefully I'm not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristinaMarie View Post
                      This one was helping for me, even after being here for a few months now!

But, just in case I get past it sounding like someone's asshole, what the heck does it mean?

Also, YMMV - your miliage may vary -- what is the meaning of that saying?

Feeling very naive...hopefully I'm not alone!
                      YMMV = roughly "your experience may differ"
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X