Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all of the above. I didn't realize how difficult and stressful these tests were until I started hanging out here. To be more supportive and understanding, I learned everything I could about the process but even then, there are other factors that come into play with each individual relationship. She needs to stop bringing up the ex though, because that is not one of the ways to de-stress. Totally inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpme23 View Post
      Can someone explain the process she's gonna go through? Like somebody mentioned step 1? How many steps are there what's involved? What main stress factors that I need to listen for?
      I can help with the process YOU will go through.
      Some of the best quality time was helping her study
      quizzes, flash cards, orals.
      Had the most fun with doing the patient with symptoms that she had to diagnose. Kind of like a quiz and pictionary.

The real question here is: Are you willing to come in second?
      Being a doctor is not a job, its a consuming OCD lifestyle.
      And even though you may not be; it will Often feel like you are second place to the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
        Yep - this is huge. I'd be really worried about her need for someone who gets it. Is she going to turn to other docs, nurses, etc inappropriately in the future? This journey changes as she goes along, but doesn't get easier.
        I always figured my wife wasnt having an affair because she was too tired.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          Sister needs to shit or get off the pot. Keeping two peeps hanging? That shit is uncool.
          You really have two issues here.
          Medical school
          and Ex.

People are going to give me hell....but... Are you SURE you want to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
            Medical school
            and Ex.

I was thinking the same thing.
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

'
              actually I dont think the majority of people will... I ask people that all the time. I always say, to my friends when they ask me to set them up with a Dr, most things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but a spouse in medschool and on is something I wouldn't mind plaguing them with, I wouldn't do such a thing to a friend.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Medical school
                and Ex.

Word. The weird medical crap can be dealt with. Yeah, it's goofy and sucks sometimes, but it can be made workable. The ever-present ex? No dice.

Comment

Yeah, not going to find much opposition
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Word. The weird medical crap can be dealt with. Yeah, it's goofy and sucks sometimes, but it can be made workable. The ever-present ex? No dice.
                    Made me lol...

Everyone has given great advice and I have to agree that was not right about the ex. Also it's probably too early in the relationship to decide if it's worth going through this crappy adventure but at least now you know the process if it does get to that stage. Good luck and welcome! You've come to the right place

Comment

Sister needs to shit or get off the pot. Keeping two peeps hanging? That shit is uncool.
                      Lol... I just realized I quoted the wrong thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X