Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So tired of training!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Comment

Hi! You have found the right place. We did a two year fellowship after 7 years of GS and we were totally unprepared for how brutal it would be. Dh's residency was fairly hard core so we thought, "How much harder could it be?" Oh. holy. sh** we were naive.

There is a reason fellowship starts with the letter "F". I'm so sorry you are going through this. Small consolation thought it may be, we hear you, loud and clear. Welcome to the site.

You are almost there.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Nice meet you!

Wife to PGY4
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
            Hi! You have found the right place. We did a two year fellowship after 7 years of GS and we were totally unprepared for how brutal it would be. Dh's residency was fairly hard core so we thought, "How much harder could it be?" Oh. holy. sh** we were naive.

There is a reason fellowship starts with the letter "F". I'm so sorry you are going through this. Small consolation thought it may be, we hear you, loud and clear. Welcome to the site.

You are almost there.
            Glad to hear we're not alone! I told him that fellowship kind of feels like a cruel joke- "you finished residency! Yay! Oh wait, just kidding..." Even though he's tired at least he's really excited. Seeing and doing crazy surgeries he's never done before. I think it's been harder on me than him. He has a job offer that's 4.5 days a week and I was like TAKE IT!!!!! Hahaha

Comment

Welcome, and yes you have come to the right place.

MrsK, no he is not!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                Welcome, and yes you have come to the right place.

MrsK, no he is not!!!!
                He is! Starting in about 5 years. I've heard that psychoanalytic training is great for marriage NOT. Just shoot me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

WELCOME! We did 5 years in residency, 2 lab years, 2 fellowship years! IT WAS AWFUL!!!

Post training is MUCH better. You are with friends here! We get it!!!
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hi Raina, have you thought of how you could possibly spend more time with your child once your studies are over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crichter76 View Post
                      Hi Raina, have you thought of how you could possibly spend more time with your child once your studies are over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The original poster is an at-home parent. I don't think there is a lack of time spent with kids. And it's their spouse who is in fellowship, not themselves.

Comment

Hello! Training years are the worst! Glad you found this place!
                        Needs

Comment

Hello! I know you're probably exhausted from all these years of his training but you're almost through! My DH is a PGY-2 --- aren't you glad you aren't there??

Comment

Working...
                          X