Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello Again! Spouse of MSIII, Bus Home, & Residency prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your ticker can you believe it's almost here?? What rotation is your DH currently on?
    WolfPack,

I have to be honest, I saw your ticker, did the math and had a little freakout when I realized it was our match day too. Then, I immediately went to tickerfactory.com to make my own haha. I will not let it "sneak" up on me.

Chris is on "psych-cation" right now until the end of the month. It's been lovely and was perfect timing with the holidays. He's home before 4 most days and his call this weekend was only 8am-noon. Next, and last, is surgery, eek! Trying to enjoy now while I can and preparing for the next 3 months. At least we get spring break off together!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
      Welcome back!!! I think I'm a little in love with you.

I show my dh pics and plans of tiny houses all the time. He thinks I'm crazy. (he's not the one keeping this place running, obvs) I look forward to getting to know you better!!
      That's how our little adventure started, one day Chris sent me a website, http://chrisandmalissa.com , we were both in love with the idea of a tiny home and 4 months later we bought a bus

Kelly

Comment

What do you teach, Kelly?

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Love the bus!!! I'm so freakin jealous. I think my wife and 5 children would slaughter me if I suggested something like moving into a schoolbus.
          Good luck with the residency search!
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
            What do you teach, Kelly?

Kris
            At our local art studio I teach pottery (both sculptural and on the wheel), printmaking, and metalsmithing to adults. I'm also a science teacher on at a nature preserve on Fridays for K-12th graders who take field trips to our environmental education center.

Comment

Wow that's cool!
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome!
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Woohoo shout out to environmental educators! I studied that in college but figured out quickly I actually liked working indoors But I kept my Project Wild/Wet books for random future adventures! I look forward to MS3 when DH will figure out what he wants to do and start making plans for it. So exciting. Keep us updated!
                  Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

Welcome! We to choose our residency applications due to location and program quality. We did the massive spreadsheet and applied liberally to programs.

Your bus is pretty awesome.
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
                      Love the bus!!! I'm so freakin jealous. I think my wife and 5 children would slaughter me if I suggested something like moving into a schoolbus.
                      Good luck with the residency search!
                      My fantasy is putting a Tiny House (a bus would work too) in the back yard and that will be MY house. I'll come visit everyone else in the big house.

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                        My fantasy is putting a Tiny House (a bus would work too) in the back yard and that will be MY house. I'll come visit everyone else in the big house.
                        That's what I say about the apartment above the barn.

Welcome!
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

So excited you came back. I too would love to see pics of the bus. We have four kids and need our own bus!
                          -Ladybug

Comment

So, this really gives new meaning to firing up the iMSN bus...

Comment

definitely!
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Welcome. Psychiatrist spouse here. I think I'm the only one who posts regularly. So, of course, I'm excited to have you here.

So, now when we say "fire up the bus" ( the iMSN battle cry), there's actually a bus now?
                                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                                X