Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

And so it ends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've already gotten great advice above. I just wanted to throw in my support and sorrow for what you're going through. Your feelings are totally understandable. I'm so sorry.

Comment

I'm so sorry, I have no better words than what's already been said but I do want to say welcome and we're glad to have you here. Please remember this is a safe place to come to receive support, encouragement, and advice.

Where are you living now? When did this all happen?

Comment

I'm so sorry, please know we are here for you.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
          You've already gotten great advice above. I just wanted to throw in my support and sorrow for what you're going through. Your feelings are totally understandable. I'm so sorry.
          My sentiments as well.

Comment

That sucks. Betrayal is one of the worst feelings to grapple with. On the level of grief. It's probably best to ask the therapist if you should report it and have them help you work through your intentions.

I don't know if you meant it but the title of this thread reminds me of that song by Damien Rice called Blower's Daughter which was created for the 2004 movie, "Closer", starring Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen. It was about complicated relationships and deceit when a man from one couple meets the woman of another couple. That movie always lingers in my mind because it remains unresolved for me. There can be no happy ending with an unhappy journey.

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I moved back home to Canada. My family is helping me get back on my feet. He confessed on August 15.

Comment

Wow. I am so, so sorry. I commend you on being able to get away as soon as possible. You're far better off in Canada with family.

I regularly peruse public health news sites and twitter feeds for work, and found this today. It's about leaving a narcissistic partner. It made me think of this thread. May not be helpful but I thought I'd share: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/projec...r-a-narcissist
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm glad you're back with family and have lots of support though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

That link is spot on. Some of the comments, even. I see so much of him in the experiences others have had with narcissists. He started to treat me like i was inferior toward the end. Like i wasn't worth much to the planet if i wasn't doing medicine. He used me until the day of his board exam after which he came out with it all. It was all self-serving. I am glad i am out. I feel like he doesn't have what it takes to make a long term relationship work, which i crave so much. I need to find someone who can give me true love one day. Thanks for responding.

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                    Wow. I am so, so sorry. I commend you on being able to get away as soon as possible. You're far better off in Canada with family.

I regularly peruse public health news sites and twitter feeds for work, and found this today. It's about leaving a narcissistic partner. It made me think of this thread. May not be helpful but I thought I'd share: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/projec...r-a-narcissist

Comment

This book helped me when I was going through my divorce, as did the support of the amazing members here.
                      http://www.amazon.com/The-High-Road-.../dp/0615375340
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Good for you girl, leave him and all of behind, go do you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Grace

Comment

Take really good care of yourself and hold your head high. Better days are ahead. You have to believe that if you do what is good and right, it will come back to you.

Huge hugs.
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

i think it depends on what you want to do. also, since he's doing a fellowship, his previous employer would not care too much about ethics violation. his current employer will care but again, to what extend, i don't know. one interesting play would be to report to the state board--again, not sure what the affect of that will be. especially if it becomes a he said/she said story.
                            depending on your emotional/financial stake, sounds like you can walk away or throw some mud. it's all up to you.

Comment

Whoa, that is a lot. My best advice is to consult a lawyer and get whatever you are entitled to!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you are incredibly brave for what you've done for yourself! It's important to be close to your core support. I don't have much advice but I want you to know that I am rooting for you! Let things simmer down and you will be more than fine

Originally posted by SweetDee View Post
                                I moved back home to Canada. My family is helping me get back on my feet. He confessed on August 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X