Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Like/Dislike/Thanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like/Dislike/Thanks?

i generally use those when im catching up on a big thread and dont want to obstruct the flow of conversation by responding to something several pages back. esp if i dont have much more to say than "i agree."

or i like something but dont have enough to say beyond the commonly used "this" or "+1". those are good to use every now and then but itd get annoying if there were oftend a strand of 3 people saying "this." however it is interesting when im perusing to see "oh, hm, 3 ppl liked that comment."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

ps i hate ipad

Comment

If you don't like the like/dislike/thanks feature, don't use it!

Before this turns into another session of "things I hate about iMSN," please realize that these mods were:

Not free - they were purchased with actual non Monopoly money.
        Thoughtfully contemplated as something that was thought to benefit the membership.

I am asking that everyone refrain from bashing iMSN for the things that it's real person creator does selflessly, altruistically, with everyone in mind but herself.

Thank you.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Aww. I don't think any of us meant any harm but I can really only speak for myself; I didn't realize this was something that cost Kris money. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way, Kris! (And mods)
          wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
            If you don't like the like/dislike/thanks feature, don't use it!

Before this turns into another session of "things I hate about iMSN," please realize that these mods were:

Not free - they were purchased with actual non Monopoly money.
            Thoughtfully contemplated as something that was thought to benefit the membership.

I am asking that everyone refrain from bashing iMSN for the things that it's real person creator does selflessly, altruistically, with everyone in mind but herself.

Thank you.
            This is not bashing. The question was raised before about how to encourage more substantive exchanges. If there is a feature that costs money, we should consider whether it is useful. Perhaps we can make things less costly.

It's not reasonable to say that you don't have to use it if you don't like it. If others are using it to communicate with you or in lieu of communication, you are forced to use it. I'm always the first to say that you don't have to use something that you don't like. Heck, I don't use Skype, twitter, Instagram. ...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
            Last edited by MrsK; 04-16-2014, 04:04 AM.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It (as far as I know) was a one-time cash outlay.

I just want everyone to please realize that people's feelings are involved here, and they are being hurt.

Please don't call me unreasonable, MrsK. You are not forced to use it. If others choose to use it, you still have the right to ignore it. Just because you aren't getting exactly what you want doesn't make me the unreasonable one.

I go weeks without seeing notifications, and know what? It's okay. So what? If you need to see those notifications more often, log into a computer, but be cognizant of the fact that you might be hurting someone's feelings, even unintentionally. The intention of the mod was for greater interaction. If it did not accomplish that in your estimation, let's not hastily place blame!

Comment

Ever think that your persistent confrontations might be hurting someone's feelings?

Comment

Wow.

Comment

I use them when I'm on the computer. I like them.

Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                      I use them when I'm on the computer. I like them.

I like them. Even if I miss them and don't catch em for a while. Makes me have warm fuzzies
                      sigpic
                      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Like/Dislike/Thanks?

I never see them because I use my phone exclusively. But I do get emails when people "like" my status.

I think it was clear that MrsK's intent was not to criticize or bash those who work so hard for iMSN, as she expressed in the first post. As a community, we should be able to give a suggestion in a caring tone, as she did, without shit hitting the fan. Especially those of us who have also been here for years and years and have contributed to this community. I really did not see any malice or bashing at all.
                        Why are members on here allowed to voice concerns and question how things are done on Doctors Wives on FB, and sometimes in a really mean and very confrontational way, but then no one can say anything on here in a non confrontational way without it turning into a big blowout. I love and respect all of you all BTW, so please do not take this as an attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Chrisada; 04-16-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I was not offended. I admit feeling a little weary after recent threads that were negative and pointed fingers but I was reading opinions with interest. It's always good to get feedback.

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thank you Kris. For this and for all you do. You know that I love you to pieces and I'd never want to hurt you or iMSN.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                              Thank you Kris. For this and for all you do. You know that I love you to pieces and I'd never want to hurt you or iMSN.

And you know that I adore you! I think Heidi was being protective because there was some bad karma set out into the world in one of the recent threads about iMSN.

I honestly was sitting back listening to opinions to see where the thread took us.

I have mixed feelings about the post like mod.

Interestingly, it was added out of a need to keep up with current technologies. FB is a very popular way of communicating and the FB like feature is well-liked. We had/have a lot of members simply responding with +1 or expressing the desire to be able to like something. That's why I ultimately bought the mod after researching many different mods.

The mod has several downfalls though. The biggest one is that it isn't actually visible in the mobile format. I, personally, post from my mobile phone mostly, so I miss most of the likes/thanks unless I'm on a computer. The fact that so many of us are posting from our mobile phones makes this mod a bit of a dud. That's disappointing.

I personally enjoy the like mod when I'm on the computer. Sometimes I'll like someone's post in a thread but then respond to the thread itself and not a thread within the thread if that makes sense.

What will we do with this mod? I don't know.

Some time this year, we will be upgrading the forums to 5.0 and then all of these mod will no longer work ... and we'll have to start over with new things. At that time, we can all have another meeting of the minds about what we want for the forums!!

Never be afraid to bring something up ... I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was listening though.

Kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm just grateful this place exists, regardless of any features so thank you to Kris and everyone who moderates and takes care of us. I brought up the notifications because I used to get them all the time and suddenly didn't so I thought maybe I hit the wrong button or something. I'm really bad with technology and always paranoid I've done something wrong. I'm sorry if that hurt anyone

Comment

Working...
                                X