Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can we quote using the @?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So semi off topic, but I noticed in the past month or two (before tapatalk did its crazy update, but I think it still has this feature with the latest version) that tapatalk will alert you when someone has quoted your post in a thread. I've found I really like that feature (though obviously it only works if you use tapatalk and not if you're using the full site) and I think it's purpose mirrors at least partially what we're hoping to gain from the @ feature. So that is to say, I'm excited about the @ feature if it works as advertised
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

As far as I can tell (from the CM site, which uses the same addon), it should notify you both when someone mentions you by using the @ symbol and when someone quotes your post.

ETA: Maybe not though, that may be different - I just know that on CM, I get notifications about both.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Do me a favor. Message me about this (or bump this thread) in 2 weeks when I have my computer back (hopefully running the way it should be). I'll move on it then.

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oops, it's been more than a couple of weeks - bump!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

[MENTION=4205]alotofyarn[/MENTION] I just installed the lite version for us to try it out. Here's a text post to see if it works.

Comment

[MENTION=4205]alotofyarn[/MENTION] would you let me know if you receive any notifications that you have been mentioned in a post.

Comment

There is also a tag box at the top. I tagged a couple of admins to see if that works too. I'll be interested in who get what.

Comment

I got an email and a vBulletin notification!
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

[MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] Did you get a vbulletin notification through Tapatalk?

Kris

Comment

I don't know; I'm on a desktop browser right now. Will let you know later.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

It worked! Sorry, I've been sleeping most of the day.

Comment

Thank you guys!! Appreciate your willingness to integrate something new!!

Will you tag me to test it?
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION] Hope you get this!

Comment

It worked! (Not on Tapatalk but on my computer). Thanks again for being receptive to the suggestion! [MENTION=816]PrincessFiona[/MENTION] and all the other mods!
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Is there a way to change our notifications? I'm now getting an email everytime someone quotes me...
                                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X