Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Imus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imus

So, is two weeks enough for the "nappy headed 'hos" comment about the Rutgers Women's basketball team.

Personally, I think he should be yanked off the air permanently.

Jenn

ETA: There have been other radio personalities who lost their jobs forever after assholian comments- anyone remember the Greaseman? He also deserved his punishment which was basically a ban from radio in the states.

His words were just :thud: :thud: :thud: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a (insert four letter word here) how many apologies he makes. He SHOULD be fired.

Maybe he's not a bad man.
    He DID say a very bad thing. (paraphrasing his argument here)
    Good people who talk for a living and say what he said on the radio, SHOULD be fired. NO question about it.

I can't imagine he WON'T be fired.
    Please tell me he'll be fired.
    The world is screwed up but not THAT screwed up right??? :|
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I guess I just can't find my outrage anymore....I don't even care what this ignoramous said or whether or not he's fired, suspended or whatever...........The fact that such a huge deal has been made of this and that it's been THE news story (well, that and Birkhead being Dannielynn's dad) just disturbs me more.

He called them nappy-headed hos. It's stupid, ignorant and he shouldn't have said it. I don't think it was in good taste, but I can just vote with my feet.

Isn't there a *war* they could be covering?
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I have to agree with Kris. I watch the Today show from 7-8 while I get ready for work, this morning I turned it off, that is the first time I've ever done that. I get that what he said was wrong, I get that what he said hurt a lot of people, but MOVE ON! Someone do something about it, or don't, and then cover what is really news in this country.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and the rest of the "shock jock" crowd haven't said things that are just as morally repugnant.

I don't think he should be fired. I think people who don't enjoy / support him will vote with their feet and their dollars. Sadly there is an audience for this kind of crap. If he gets fired he'll probably end up making bank on Sirius.

On to real news in the world. Birkhead is Danielynn's father? Really?

Comment

I think I have just become numb to all the dumb comments celebrities make. I also got fed up with the interview on the Today show. I imagine if he should be yanked off the air, people will stop listening and he'll lose sponsors. I was more upset about the comment when I initially read it but the more media coverage I see the less I care about it.
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I don't know- I was just imagining being the parent of one of those young ladies. It just steamed me.

(I get my indifference about the war- really, he's not going to pull out the troops, it's not going to stop. Seriously. We're going to be there until 1/20/09 at the earliest)

Jenn

Comment

Well let's face it ...if the phrase the man uttered is requisite for firing...then let's get rid of a slew of rap artisits and comics (who would be of all races)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  I don't know- I was just imagining being the parent of one of those young ladies. It just steamed me.

(I get my indifference about the war- really, he's not going to pull out the troops, it's not going to stop. Seriously. We're going to be there until 1/20/09 at the earliest)

Jenn

ITA!!!!
                  Imagine you KNEW one of those players.
                  It's not just a stupid thing to say....it's personal.
                  I'm offended as a human being that he can say that and get away with it.
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hey...people say offensive things to me all of the time..where the heck is Faux news when I need a 24 hour loop?

Not...that I agree with Imus' comments...they should have been dealt with..definitely.....but whatever happened to being reprimanded by teh company you work for and placed on suspension or being fire without it being on a 10 minute loop on cable news? I cared sooo much more about it before I saw it replayed and discussed ad nauseum.
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, I had no idea who this Imus person was - and I'm still a little hazy regarding info. on him. And, this is even after watching a news program on Fox where the commentators were pointing out that this guy apparently has routinely referred to non-white athletes with very derogatory language - a pattern of behavior.

I just do not listen to people like that. I would rather hear the news and process it myself than listen to someone else ranting about their opinion of it on the airwaves/cable television. Same thing with the internet - rather than reading someone's "political" blog (which is really just a rant of their opinion on different news) I like to go to sites that offer links to the actual newsstories themselves with little commentary interspersed - basically newsstory clearinghouses.

In many ways this fondness for "talk radio" and the such just makes me think that 1)the world is so much less polite and kind today than it could be and 2)we give waaaaaaay too much power and credit to people who's only "accomplishment" is their opinion on the world at large - be they identified as "left" or "right" (oh, and there are so many, many windbags on both sides of that spectrum from Rush Limbaugh to Al Franken).

I guess I honestly do not care what befalls this guy, Imus. I don't know him, don't listen to him, don't care about him or his opinions.
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Yes, I could also care less. Listen if you want, and don't if you want. Can hear worse on the radio at any time of the day.

Who cares, get a thicker skin and live your own life.

Comment

Originally posted by pstone
                          Yes, I could also care less. Listen if you want, and don't if you want. Can hear worse on the radio at any time of the day.

Who cares, get a thicker skin and live your own life.

I did not know who the guy was until all the publicity. Although bad, he has gotten quite a bit of publicity.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm amazed at the amount of coverage this is getting. He made some stupid comments, he's an idiot but there are far more important issues out there. It disgusts me when the media focus on stupid things like this. In the grand scheme of things, it's not important. Anyway, look at all the publicity this guy is getting. I'm sure it's benefitting him.

It angers me that in a city with one of the top homicide rates in the country (a daily problem), that the local media is dedicating ALL of it's airtime to this issue. WTF?
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC
                              I'm amazed at the amount of coverage this is getting. He made some stupid comments, he's an idiot but there are far more important issues out there. It disgusts me when the media focus on stupid things like this. In the grand scheme of things, it's not important. Anyway, look at all the publicity this guy is getting. I'm sure it's benefitting him.

It angers me that in a city with one of the top homicide rates in the country (a daily problem), that the local media is dedicating ALL of it's airtime to this issue. WTF?
                              what she said.

Comment

Working...
                              X