Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

vick-dog fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that people choose to be evil themselves.

Nobody can force you to be evil. No person's choices can twist your arm into a life of evil actions. Other people cannot choose for you to do evil actions.

This is about individuals acting as absolute monsters - by their own choices.

The fact that evil people are taking advantage of a situation does not mean others forced them, caused them to, or gave them some sort of permission to act in an evil manner towards their fellow human beings.

People can choose to act in an evil manner no matter what is going on. We're seeing an increase in violent crimes in the most quiet, nondescript suburbs of America, for example. And, we can't truly blame anyone for the awful actions of others - except for the perpetrators of those actions.

I refuse to blame anyone for my own actions. And, I do not buy the argument "Bush (or the US military) made me do it."
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
      Again, I'm am not saying that there wasn't evil before Bush...I'm just saying Bushes choices have created more evil and vistims!
      The men who did this cannot say, "Bush made me do it!" or "Because of Bush's choices I doused a little boy with gasoline and lit it!" That's poppycock.

Evil people are taking advantage of a vulnerable situation. But, that situation does not create evil people - people make those choices for themselves. In other words, evil people did not have evil "thrust" upon them - they actively chose their path all by themselves and use whatever straws they can grasp at to justify that path and those choices.
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

apology for continuation

Please , again, I am not saying BUSH made them do it.
        Does the war create an enviormnet condusive for the evil doers to do their thing? Yes Yes Yes a thousand times yes!

Comment

Can we move all that to a new thread please? It's not relevant. Sorry. It's just something someone brought up in the Kumbaya so we might as well create a "bad people doing bad things" debate thread.

:huh:

Comment

Working...
          X