Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I saw your Nanny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I saw your Nanny...

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
    Like all of us moms aren't currently sitting here on the computer reading this thread instead of doting on our kids....and we never talk to other moms at the park or answer the phone or call a friend while our children are in our charge?

hmmm

kris

the difference would be they are OUR kids and we're not being paid to watch them. if your sole job objective is to care for, play with, and interact with the children -- then that's what you should be doing.

Comment

I was a nanny for nine months for a two doc family with four kids. I took my oldest with me. I was paid *extremely* well, especially because mom (a pediatrician) was part-time, but every 5th week was her call week and I would work 12+ hour days that week. The other weeks were around 20 hours. The weird thing was that it didn't matter if the Dad was home or not (he was/is an OB). I didn't leave until mom got home, and if Dad got home first, he was free to relax, go running, whatever. It got me riled up!

If I had found out they were spying on me, I would have quit. But I was taking care of three extremely verbal children....so I am sure there were no secrets. On the whole, I agree with whoever posted that there must be conflicted feelings on the part of the employers about having nannies in the first place. And if they have all this time to obsess about it, maybe they don't really need one in the first place? I know if I employed someone full-time to watch my kids, I would be a complete loon about how they spent their time while I was paying them, despite my own inadequacies as a parent. I don't think too many people would want to work for me! So it is probably for the best that I have never had any real career ambitions.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

My colleague has that option to watch her son's daycare via computer while she's at work and she's actually decided to not watch it. It's making her crazy because although there are only a few babies, and there are 3 caretakers when her baby isn't being attended to, it makes her nuts. (and he could be asleep! The way the camera is set up, you can't see whether he's asleep or not)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
          Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
          The area I lived in, in STL, had tons of nannies around at the playgrounds cause most of the families were career families.
          I take it you lived in Clayton or maybe LaDue?
          I lived in Clayton - Waaaaaaaa I miss it a ton. I loved living almost in the city but not quite. DS went to preschool in U-City and I just fell in love with the area. I am trying my hardest to not imagine myself there in oh 2 yrs 8 months Since, right now, there is no other place I'd rather be....

Comment

Working...
          X