Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hillary Cries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hillary Cries

My bet is that she went back to the hotel room kicking herself.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I watched tv last night and someone interviewed in a NH focus group said for a long time blogs / other folks had been asking to see some emotion from HC. So, maybe she was delivering it? :huh:

When I watched the clip just once, it appeared an "almost cry" and fake to me. That was my impression from what a saw and wasn't conciously looking through a "gender-specific" prism. But I just don't see her as anything if not uber-calculating so I can't actually fathom it not being planned.

As for crying and the gender thing. Didn't Muskie bite it when he cried (can't remember if it was a presidential or senate campaign?) Help me out here. I'm trying to remember some video clip from high school civics and that was a while ago.

Comment

Yup. Good recall Kevin!

Jenn

Comment

Cool. Except for now that I'm channeling high school government all I see is a black and white clip of Tricky Dick's "Checkers Speech". Talk about manipulation!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
            I think you'll see what you're looking for. Don't we all....

kris

Actually, after reading here and a couple of other places I watched the clip expecting her to lose it onscreen. Instead, I saw a very good public speaker communicating to her audience that she was crying - rather than actually crying or even *almost* crying.

I could most certainly duplicate what she did - and it's not that hard if you've had a speaking coach for a couple of years (and, I'm sure Mrs. Clinton's coaching started much more than two years ago - plus she's been watching a pro, her husband, for many years). If you've had just a tiny bit of acting experience (which I have only had a teensy bit) you can also do the same. It doesn't really take talent to go as far as she did. Now, Bill - he's got talent at making the public truly believe the emotions he puts forth.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
            X