Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Crazy old man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy old man!

Someone on Facebook linked to this story:

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20684677/detail.html

What is wrong with this guy??! I think it's obvious from what he did that he didn't have any children and I shudder to think what would have happened if he did have children. He could have just left that aisle or gone to the other side of the store, he didn't need to stay in that space and get incredibly irritated by the crying child. What a creep...I hope that he is found guilty on the charge brought against him.

And I feel for the mother and child, how scary that must have been for them.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

That is just awful!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Crazy old jerk. That poor mom.

Comment

How awful. I'm thinking I'd have had a bit of mamma rage if someone had done that to my kid, and I'd probably be in the cell next to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
          How awful. I'm thinking I'd have had a bit of mamma rage if someone had done that to my kid, and I'd probably be in the cell next to him.
          Me too...
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post

Uhhhh... yeah!

BTW, speaking of Walmart ---- Have you guys seen this site? It's real pics people have taken of the Walmart shoppers (funny, gross, and scary all rolled into one):

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

...no way...I would have been in jail for beating this guy down...pig...

RB

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                ...no way...I would have been in jail for beating this guy down...pig...

RB
                So much word.

I sincerely hope this guy has some significant mental health issues and isn't just a giant tool.

Comment

Wow, I have to believe that something is seriously wrong with that guy. Anger issues, mental issues... something. To hit someone, let alone a child is just... wrong. If he is able to just go up to a complete stranger and hit them, there are WAY bigger issues. I hope he has never hurt anyone else.

And I agree with everyone else, I think Mama Bear would have come out if it had been me.
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Wow! People are crazy!! If someone did that to my child I would have been arrested right along with him!
                    Last edited by Chrisada; 09-02-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I. Cannot. Imagine. I would have killed him.
                      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

What gets me is that this wasn't a ten year old child the guy smacked in the face (repeatedly according to the article). This was a two year old - a baby. The guy smacked a baby in the face for crying. I hope they throw the book at him.
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I am afraid I would have had to kick his ass. I once reamed a guy at a library in San Antonio who was terrorizing the old lady librarian, and this would be worse. My momma-self would have not been able to let it go, I'm pretty sure.
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

There are very few scenarios where I can picture myself getting into a brawl in Wal-Mart, but . . .

I'm kind of surprised the guy got in multiple hits on the kid. The mom must have started out at the other end of the cart or something.
                            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I hope he is sent somewhere where Karma can come into play. Who does that? Honestly? And yes, I would be with those here who would have retaliated. But of course, I can understand the mother being in total shock too (I probably would have reacted, then let shock kick in)! I mean...WTH?
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X