Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Edward or Jacob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmart36 View Post
    What is everyone's favorite Twilight book? I think I liked New Moon best.
    My favorite was Eclipse. I loved all the preparation and the big fight scene. And the fact that Edward and Bella were back together. I was glad she wrote Breaking Dawn so we could see Bella as a vampire, but I just got annoyed with all the Renesmee stuff. Sorry...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
      Ha...If I combine my mother and wife's mother's names it would have come out "Sharverley"....Renesme doesn't seem too terrible...
      This would make a fun thread in Grand Rounds.

And my vote... Edward all the way!

Comment

Twilight WAS a thoroughly enjoyable read, but let's not be overly generous. Meyer can not lick Rowling's boots. Rowling is a high priestess of literature.

RE: Edward versus Jacob. In the books, I was all about Edward. Then I saw the movies. Like, OMG, Taylor Lautner is HAWT! Cedric Diggory is too skinny and pale. Of course, then I googled him and realized he is half my age and underage! So not appropriate!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I couldn't read all the posts because I am afraid of spoilers. I am only on Eclipse. I have to say that I am not melting into Edward's dreamy arms like most of American females. Boy you should see my neighbor. I am a little enticed my some of Edward's lines however. Maybe I am not the mushy romantic type. Right now after only reading two books I can't really say. Maybe it is because I stink at making decisions. I guess I like Edward because of his undying love. However, I like Jacob for his friendship/love for Bella. How's that for taking sides?
          Needs

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
            Diggity - That would be the latter...

I would have been a HP übergeek had the series been released inthe 80's..I had to settle for Tolkein, Heinlein, and McCaffrey..et.al...

RB
            My husband is a big Tolkien-geek. Our youngest's name, Lorien, comes from the Elven forest of Loth-lorien.
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
              Twilight WAS a thoroughly enjoyable read, but let's not be overly generous. Meyer can not lick Rowling's boots. Rowling is a high priestess of literature.
              I want to clarify that I only asked if Julie had read HP b/c she said she couldn't imagine standing in the Young Adult section buying a book with a movie poster on the cover. I know Twilight commonly gets compared with HP and I want to be clear that I am not doing that. (lest anyone think I'm insane ** or more insane **).

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                Twilight was the best of the series IMHO. I didn't really care for New Moon and I thought the birth scene in Breaking Dawn was a little over the top even for a vampire series.
                I agree. I like Twilight the best, the rest were interesting because I wanted to find out what happened.

I am also going to go with the crowd and file my vote in the Edward camp. He is just so dreamy.

Has anyone read the draft she posted on her website of Twilight from Edward's perspective (I can't remember what it's called, Midnight Sun maybe)? It's kind of annoying because you can't print it, but I had a really slow period at work so I sat at my computer and pretended to keep myself busy while reading it.
                Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Jacob here, too. I would think it was creepy if someone watched me when I was asleep. I also wouldn't like someone whose skin was always cool to the touch.
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by civilspouse View Post
                    Has anyone read the draft she posted on her website of Twilight from Edward's perspective (I can't remember what it's called, Midnight Sun maybe)? It's kind of annoying because you can't print it, but I had a really slow period at work so I sat at my computer and pretended to keep myself busy while reading it.
                    I read it at work, too. I liked it, mainly because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters yet. I really wish she'd finish it, but it doesn't sound like she's planning to.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I kind of liked it, but more because I was able to continue my "fix" than it's quality (yes, it was a draft). I hate it when a series I've enjoyed ends b/c I want to know more about the characters.

Rather than a rehash (which is what that was, retelling from Edward's perspective), I'd like it if she branched out and wrote a new story using the Cullens AND some of the characters that were introduced in Breaking Dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                        I kind of liked it, but more because I was able to continue my "fix" than it's quality (yes, it was a draft). I hate it when a series I've enjoyed ends b/c I want to know more about the characters.

Rather than a rehash (which is what that was, retelling from Edward's perspective), I'd like it if she branched out and wrote a new story using the Cullens AND some of the characters that were introduced in Breaking Dawn.

My favorite out of the three is Twilight, and then it goes down the line in the series. I liked Breaking Dawn but it's my least favorite. I felt there was too much emphasis on the honeymoon and birth, and not enough plot/character development, but I read or heard somewhere that she was under pressure by the publisher to produce a book quickly. I, too, would be interested in a story about the Cullens or the Volturi, especially Jane, she intrigues me, or even Edwards backstory- the things he has seen and done.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                        X