Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is this kind of weird to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
    I think if they changed the colors/feel it wouldnt seem so threatening. Good point. Still strange though. Fox tgrows out shit for sure. Ive heard many skewed stories from both camps though. Fox uses vitriole. Some dem channels use selective info and appear more honest/victimized when they aren't really.
    Agree completely.

Comment

Wierd, yet genious as a marketing technique. I looked it up on my phone and rather than just reporting bad press, it seems like they send you responses, and stances on issues. It essentially gives supporters cliff notes. It's free word of mouth positive press. Not to mention people are more likely to listen to their friends than the news. I think he's got brilliant people working on his campaign. They know how to market and get the volunteers, man power and votes they need.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I went there once this morning and again this afternoon and I swear the site layout/content changed. Maybe it is just my pregnancy brain.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Made me laugh. This website is running by Obama's re-election committee. Frankly, it shows his true colors. Squash dissention. This is what happens when you value the State more than the Individual. Self-righteous justification of the monitoring of the latter by the former.

How many more days until Obama is gone? I should start a ticker.

Love FoxNews. Even when they are superficial and silly. Primarily because it pisses people off when I tell them I watch. I think it's funny that FoxNews makes people so apoplectic. But then, I also thought it was funny when my leftie friends couldn't figure out why AirAmerica tanked.
          Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 09-16-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Did I totally misunderstand the website? I thought it was something where you give YOUR OWN email and sign up to be on a mailing list to get Obama's responses to criticisms or issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
              I did read that some people are reporting themselves preemptively as in, "I'd like to report on myself for thinking Obama's economic plan is wrong." And, then there are apparently people reporting Churck Norris (as in, "I'd like to report that the very existence of Chuck Norris is a threat to Obama") in the spirit of the Chuck Norris meme.

I wonder how much spam that site is getting?
              LOL Someone apparently reported themselves for eating bean burritos and contributing to global warning by increasing their carbon footprint!
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
                I think that, other than the presentation of the website (with the colors and the word choices), I feel very uncomfortable with the idea of "reporting" any of my friends, family, or neighbors. The reporting form that I saw on the site yesterday included blogs, emails, or public statements as "attacks" that were worthy of submission. Honestly, if I'm having an email conversation with my friend about politics, I don't want that friend then going over to a website like that and sharing my emails with them. That's just a huge breach of trust. Same thing if I have a blog. Same thing if I am talking to a group of friends and say something (a public statement). It smacks of grooming for 1st Ammendment rights violations. At this point I don't trust really any Republican or Democrat president or powerful politician NOT to do something like that.

I just think that inviting everyone to "report" your friends, acquaintances, or even favorite blogs is way over the line.
                Oh come on ... Let's debate .... what is your email address again? Mailing address? Just out of curiosity of course...not...any other ... www.attack.... I mean .. so what do you think about Obama again?

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I could totally see MIL reporting me (or DH). ha ha ha!
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Meh. I think it's kinda lame, but not some grand threat to the first amendment. Dealing with bullshit rumors is a total PITA and I think this is a misguided attempt at doing so.

Regardless of who's in office, the president is typically disliked by a metric assload of people. I'm not sure why there seems to be WAY more bullshit stories about Obama versus previous presidents, but it's ALL bullshit.

Comment

"Report an attack" - okay maybe I now think he has idiots working on his campaign. Seriously who wants to sort through that, I bet it is a lot "chuck Norris" and "your mama" being reported.

I definitely did not see that. Seems rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X