Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Orlando Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    Holy shit. Maybe this is regional? I haven't encountered ANY of this disordered drinking crap.
    Not sure. I've experienced it in both AZ and TN. Its much more out in the open here with the younger moms.

ETA: Thinking about it though, IMO it's a newer phenomenon, like within the last decade. Or maybe folks are just more open about it, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Pollyanna; 06-28-2016, 06:07 AM.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michele View Post
      Disordered drinking is prominent where I live. So are guns from my asking.
      Here too but it depends on your crowd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• I could totally see this happening with people I know. 100%.

Comment

• One of the reasons my mom hated club volleyball was the drinking from the other parents. I drink and have no problem with it, as do my parents. These people took it to the extreme, bringing full bar setups for weekend tournaments to set up in the parking lot and making the away weekend tournaments into a party atmosphere she felt was inappropriate for teenage girls.

Heck, one of their friends allowed my brother to drink underage at their home and made it sound like the boys got into it on their own when my parents figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• This is on my radar. One upside of having friends mostly from our evangelical church...almost no one drinks and if they do, it's 1-2 drinks at adults only events.

It's not an issue yet also bc kids are now in car seats SO long that no one will be driving my kids anywhere for a long time. I imagine by the time they won't be on car seats, I'll be able to discuss with them that they should never drive with someone who's been drinking and to call me every time.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
            X