Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think our first minority president will be a Republican Protestant 3rd or 4th generation Mexican American man.
    You mean little Georgie P? God help us!

One of my best friends (and her sister) went to Bolles with him...they're hard core Republican and they can't stand him!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
      Hmmm,

I think that our first minority president WON'T be:

female
      black
      asian
      orthodox anything (Jewish, Muslim, Catholic)
      Mormon
      From the northern states (the south really did rise again...)
      second generation immigrant (mom and dad have to be understood by the idiots at Fox news)
      Agnostic or aetheist
      childless
      may be divorced but only once, a long long time ago and ex-spouse is either dead, gay, or completly supportive and will be interviewed by People magazine saying so...
      a military man
      a journalist
      a Federal career politician (local and state only- only as high as Governor)

and that's just off the top of my head!

Jenn
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hmmm,

I think that our first minority president WON'T be:

female
        black
        asian
        orthodox anything (Jewish, Muslim, Catholic)
        Mormon
        From the northern states (the south really did rise again...)
        second generation immigrant (mom and dad have to be understood by the idiots at Fox news)
        Agnostic or aetheist
        childless
        may be divorced but only once, a long long time ago and ex-spouse is either dead, gay, or completly supportive and will be interviewed by People magazine saying so...
        a military man
        a journalist
        a Federal career politician (local and state only- only as high as Governor)

and that's just off the top of my head!

I love you Jenn!!!!!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

You mean little Georgie P

Who is that?

I didn't have anyone in mind.

I just figure there are sexists in every race, so a woman is unlikey.

Too many people have problems iwth Black people having any power, and Asians are too recent in terms of immigration. Plus, hispanics are one of the strongest minorities in the US.

We still seem to have problems with everyone seeing Cathoics as Christians, and a member of a minority religion is plain out.

It would have to be 3rd or more generation because of the language thing...they would have to sound "white".

I think Republican because if it were a Democrat lots of folks would say it was some publicity stunt.

Comment

George Prescott Bush is Jeb's son...his mom is Mexican

Though, your reasons make sense....hopefully it's not this Bush.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I could see a Mormon doing it. Mitt Romney took MA as governer .... and he is Republican. Very family values.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

They need to set a quota on relatives serving as president, only two per 100 year period. WAY too much like the monarchy.

Comment

Jenn (jloreine) has a good point, I think.

But, I also agree with Angie that Romney has a chance. He's pretty boring scandal-wise (and his kids are REALLY boring ), is photogenic ( unfortunately, that seems to really matter ), managed to win as a Republican in a die-hard Democrat state, has a fairly "known" history to the American public (thanks to "saving" the Utah Olympics), and is actually a really intelligent, charismatic person. Not to mention he has a family history of "public service" with a dad that was Michigan's governor.

He is LDS (Mormon), though. But, hey, JFK was Catholic and some had heart attacks at the thought of the "Pope" controlling the US . Ted Kennedy made HUGE deal out of Romney's religion when they were battling it out for Kennedy's senate seat years ago. It was a fairly hypocritical thing for Kennedy to do, but it played well (oddly enough) in Massachusetts.

So, here's what I think regarding Romney running for president:
                  He won't do it in 2008. Instead, he'll seek re-election for governor of MA and IF he gets it (which will be quite a feat, believe me) he will run for pres in 2012 IF a Democrat wins the 2008 presidential election. I could see Romney being asked to run as VP in 2008 (and, I think he'd accept the nomination based on what I know of him through mutual friends).

Jennifer
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

messed up! woops!
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Michele2005
                      George Prescott Bush is Jeb's son...his mom is Mexican

Though, your reasons make sense....hopefully it's not this Bush.
                      I think if we have another Bush we get too close to having a dynasty or royal line kind of thing going. But what do I know? I thought Bush had not chance of getting elected again.

Comment

There is talk about George Allen, former Govenor and current Senator from Virginia running in 2008.

Comment

But first Georgie boy and his pal Kay Bailey Hutchinson (TX) are busy trying to undo DC's gun laws. Seems that they would prefer to carry their concealed weapons here is in the big scary city. (Both Richmond and Dallas have a lot more drug, gun, gang activity than we do these days)

But, because 1) we have no voting representation on the hill (yes, that IS taxation without representation) and 2) there are committees that oversee the district because we receive federal dollars (like there are cities that DON'T?) we get people who don't even flippin' LIVE here who try to undo what the residents have already voted on.

Pisses me off, to NO end.

Jenn

Comment

What, armed body guards aren't enough?

I can't freaking believe the concealed weapons laws. HELLLOOO!? You WANT guns in the park? In the bar? The ONLY people I know with cw permits keep the damn gun in their purse, and they bring the purse to the playground.

I live in Richmond now. In our old house, between 1996 and 2001 there were 3 arrests on my lawn. A year after we moved a police officer was shot and died almost instantly not 300 feet from our back porch.

I keep getting dire warnings about the scarey and dangerous East Side in Madison. PUUUUHHHLLLEEEZ!

Comment

Working...
                            X