Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Apple Announcement: iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sold on it either but I'm also not a huge fan of the iPhone (mostly because it doesn't seem to like me either). DH is totally looking forward to it though. I guess we'll have to play around with it at the store to really figure out if it's worth it. It would make a neat birthday present for him next summer.

Comment

I was laughing to DH about the name and he was so confused...I had to spell it out for him. His first response was: oh, wow, they must not have had ANY women on their marketing team!

Additionally, he thought iTablet would have been far more elegant. The parodies are just getting started!
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

DH and just about every other techy thinks it sucks big time. He went on and on about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
          iSlate and iTablet, too.

YES. Either of these would have been 1000% better.

Reminds me of when Chevy tried, back in the 70s, to market their Nova model in Mexico--without changing the name. Any ninth-grader who'd been in a half a semester of Spanish could have told you that that "no va" ("no go") car was not going to sell well.

Aren't there marketing firms that you can hire to vet these issues?!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post

Aren't there marketing firms that you can hire to vet these issues?!
            Yes. My cousin's husband works for one.

How about when I first moved to Los Angeles and was raving about the authentic Mexican food and saying how we had nothing like that in Ohio. One of the 15 Mexican girls I worked with said "You don't have any Mexican restaurants?" to which I answered "Well, we have Chi-Chi's, but it's nothing like this." They never covered the slang word for boobs in my Spanish class.

EMBARRASSING!

Comment

Re: Apple Announcement: iPad

Originally posted by Shakti
              One of the 15 Mexican girls I worked with said "You don't have any Mexican restaurants?" to which I answered "Well, we have Chi-Chi's, but it's nothing like this." They never covered the slang word for boobs in my Spanish class.

EMBARRASSING!
              OMG! That is hilarious.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Despite all my trash talk about the iPad, I am going to ad more Apple stock to our portfolio now that it's fallen a bit. I'm hoping it dips a little further first on everyone's disappointment. I've read several columns that have (rightly) pointed out that the exact same reaction occurred after the iPod and the iPhone. The name still sucks ....but I do have faith in the company.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It'll be intersesting to see who, and how many people, actually buy this thing... because yes, it's huge, and I think most iphone fans will just keep the iphone, and those of us who aren't sold on the iphone certainly won't jump into something even bigger and more expensive. At least not yet.

DH loves his iphone... is amazed that I'm happy with my 2 year old verizon keyboard phone that I can text on... So most likely guys who have a more-is-better mentality will go for the ipad, but still, how many will that be?!?

Comment

It isn't part of the phone market. It doesn't even have phone service. It is strictly a media delivery device. It will play videos, music, read e-books, access the internet, get email and use apps designed within the app store. It's supposed to be some type of smaller, more personalized laptop experience.

I'm not sure about the concept...but I can see the power of the app store on the iPhone. I like the idea of taking software development out of the hands of the big players and allowing specific smaller market apps to be created for individuals or companies.

For example, I can see a number of medical apps being created for these things. I can't see Microsoft taking the time to do that...but an individual might see the profit in the market.

This is a media/internet/computing power consumption device.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                    X