Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tastefully Simple/Home Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say that I would be more willing to buy food than jewelry. I have mostly been invited to jewelry or makeup parties...neither of which really float my boat.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Shakti actually just hosted a Wildtree party for a friend of hers as a fundraiser, I have several things now but haven't tried them yet.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good point about the jewelry. I haven't been happy with the quality of the Premier Designs stuff I've bought. I like Stella & Dot, but it's much more expensive, so I've politely declined invitations to those when it wasn't in the budget for the month.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

As a general rule I really dislike sales parties... However, the one Tastefully Simple party I went to was actually quite good. It was more of an open house, it wasn't just women, and it wasn't pushy. DH's coworker held it, so he came too and we just chatted, tried out the snacks and bought a couple things. The host demonstrated well but didn't do a hard sell. I think there are ways to make them less offensive and this lady did a great job. I would generally decline ALL makeup parties, most food parties and most jewelry parties -- I'm sorry, have you seen some of the jewelry people are selling? Seriously fugly. But I would jump at the opportunity to go to a Stella & Dot party, since their stuff is way cute.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

My fav is probably Pampered Chef. Oh, and Stampin' Up! (I used to sell SU and still have tons of stuff)
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

The only ones I would consider going to are Silpada (pretty jewelry, I'm not impressed with Stella and Dot) and Southern Living at Home when it was around.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm a kitchen gadget whore, so a Pampered Chef party could be dangerous for me. I forgot about Stampin' Up. The only parties for those that I've been to were to make cards (mainly holiday) and they weren't the hard-sell PITA kind that drive me insane. And with a super artsy/crafty kid in the house, those stamps have gotten a serious work-out. I bought my first set 9 years ago and the ink pads are STILL fine.

I haaaate make-up parties. I don't mind the "facials" and actually like some of the products, but I've never encountered a sales person who actually knew enough about make-up application/art to walk the participants through it and could help them look decent. They usually just end up looking like way overdone children playing at their grandma's vanity.

Comment

I don't mind these home parties, because I like shopping. The issue for me becomes that I can't make decisions and I wind up buying way too much. My BFF just had a 31 and Pampered Chef party a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I dropped a couple hundred bucks between the two.

I thought 31 was pretty cool - they have collegiate merch - but I could not understand their catalog or their product line. I think they confuse you on purpose so that you buy even more stuff. I like Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple. Pampered Chef is expensive though. And I'm not familiar with Stella and Dot, but I have been to a Silpada party and I got a few decent pieces out of it. I only wear one set on a somewhat regular basis.

Good luck with your decision MrsK!
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Love 31 Bags. I have quite a few around the house.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                      Love 31 Bags. I have quite a few around the house.
                      You just love bags!
                      Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X