Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Can I borrow a motivational pick me up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've already done so much hard work! Keep it up.

Comment

Yesterday I got accepted to present at the 6th Worldwide 24 hour Virtual OT Conference in November. The acceptance letter came from the head of the doctoral program I'm applying for was a nice little gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

Congrats!

Wife of a PGY-6
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Nice!!
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Checking in with my awesomely motivational iMSN friends

Set tasks
            - review the doctoral project summary provided by a previous graduate to gain and better understanding of the 'end goal' - DONE - that was incredibly motivational for many reasons.
            - complete a plan for the personal essay section - DONE - question was 'what do you plan to do after you have earned your OTD and how will your doctoral project help you achieve these goals?'

Thought I would keep the momentum going a bit so I also:
            - Set up a 'goals' template with all the processes (known at this time) for the stupid number a things I have on my plate at the moment...organisation helps me feel sane
            - Submitted my request to join the World Federation of OT
            - Planned the beginnings of the project research to complete the remaining essay questions

Next weeks goals: this is fairly ambitious....
            - Research and plan doctoral project proposal questions
            - Join the American Occupational Therapy Association (international member) I had been shying away at the cost

Thank you so much, I hope you don't mind if I keep this accountability thread running
            ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

Awesome! Great job, keep up the momentum!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Way to go!!
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Totally makes sense you might be feeling discouraged and overwhelmed! It's natural to want to avoid another possible rejection. Whenever I find myself procrastinating I like to default to thinking it's because I'm burnt out, but if I force myself to dig deeper I often realize some buried emotions that are leading to my self sabotage. Just think of all your efforts and why you worked so hard to get to this point, and why it's worth it to continue! I wish you all the best!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                  Grace

Comment

I think I realised why I might be dragging me feet for awhile. It's been a rough week relationship wise (actually a difficult 5 months really) and I'm feeling in a bit of no mans land (please tell me that's not just an Australian saying) with our relationship so I think that this is impacting my motivation to pursue this path as I don't feel concrete in it or a solid commitment to our future from DF, Yep we've got 'stuff' to work through. Anyway I'm going to still try and meet the goals for this week but just felt like checking in.
                    Thanks for the support everyone.

Comment

Definitely not an Australian only term. 😉
                      Based on what you've shared, I would feel the exact same way and also be hesitant to put so much effort into a path I'm not certain I would take. Are any of your efforts applicable to graduate programs in Australia (i.e., if you decide not to pursue a doctorate program in the US, would your efforts be in vain?) Hang in there, lady.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's possible there's transferability. The U.S. is just so far advanced when it comes to the military sector compared to Australia, from what I have seen anyway. But I would certainly try its a fascinating topic so I shall try to pursue it somehow.
                        It's all learning so I'm sure none of it can be in vain. Hopefully I can pin DF down one of these weeks and try to work on getting a bit of stability back between us.

Comment

You can do it if you really want ti to do it. And good luck!

Comment

#EvieLee. How did this turn out?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X