Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Job opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you talked to your therapist about the darker thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I see my therapist once a month. It's all I can afford. I'm honest about my feelings. She has pointed out that the demands of taking care of Andrew are exhausting me. Things with Thomas are difficult. All our money goes for kids' school's and the money I make is the only money I have to spend. It all goes to debt. What's left I give to help kids in college. I have no family or social support. It has all created depression and I can't get ahead of it because the demands don't stop. I feel trapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Would Thomas agree to join you for a session so the three of you can brainstorm ways to take pressure off you? This seems like a situation where changing how the family manages finances could be warranted.

Comment

We did meet. Thomas and I decided to sell the cabin to reduce monthly costs and put money towards my loans. I contacted the real estate agent and she recommends putting the cabin on the market in early April. It may take a year or more to sell. Even though I know that eventually things will get better, getting out of bed today is hard. Sorry for the negativity.

Comment

Also, I never found a ride for my kids. Yesterday they walked 2.2 miles home in pouring rain with iPads in backpacks. My boss's husband is going to start picking them up. Weird.

Comment

No need to apologise. You're taking steps, planning, using available respond, and holding on. That's enough for now. Anyone would feel depressed with all this on their plate.

Neoprene sleeves may be a good buy for the kids' electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                My boss's husband is going to start picking them up. Weird. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Why is this weird? I think it is awesome!! I'd do such...if I knew my spouse's employee could use some help I could provide.

I hate you are feeling so low. I imagine it is tough to get even the bare minimum done...there have been times when getting out of bed was about it for me. Not getting the job is a blow to anyone's ego - especially when you are already feeling like you do not have many options. Please call me - even if it is just to vent. (((Hugs)))
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Fingers crossed!
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                  X