Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went directly to Dress Barn and bought an entire set of coordinating clothes. They have dressy and casual stuff. Then as seasons change, I would drop in and add seasonal items.

Another place that has excellent low priced 'starter' clothes is J.C. Penney. They have a line called Worthington that is designed for work clothes and they do NOT wrinkle.

Congrats!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
      Another place that has excellent low priced 'starter' clothes is J.C. Penney. They have a line called Worthington that is designed for work clothes and they do NOT wrinkle.
      Hey, check their sale rack - I just got a few cashmere sweaters for $6.77 each. :thud:

Comment

Congrats! I am a big fan of solids - very easy to coordinate but I am not a risky dresser. Ann Taylor Loft sometimes has good things at reasonable prices.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I've got a good starting selection (I fluctuate in sizes quite easily, so I'm afraid to get too many pants). I'm going conservative-- everything I got is black or gray! I have a lot of colorful sweaters and shirts, though, so that should brighten things up.

Now my challenge is getting dress shoes to wear with skirts--- I've been everywhere and can't find something that's comfortable and looks good-- I hate my feet!

Comment

Esther...

CONGRATS on the new job!

I love Kohls for work clothes!
            They have tons of sales stuff online too.

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congratulations, Esther! That must be a huge relief to you. What type of work will you be doing? Let us know how it's going!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm still getting settled in (today was my second day, but yesterday was almost entirely hr, orientation, and benefits stuff) and have quite a bit of training to look forward to. So far so good, though. I'll be doing investment performance reporting for foundations/endowments.

It's a VERY different experience for me to be in a large company. I have so much to get used to in terms of number of people, policies, and infrastructure. It'll be a good change, I think.

Comment

That sounds really interesting! What a find.
                  I love those first days of HR paperwork and settling in. I'm sure you will pick up all the new protocols quickly.

Comment

Esther,

It sounds like a very interesting job! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                    X