Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's feeling like your budget is blown due to food/gas/econ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's feeling like your budget is blown due to food/gas/econ

Originally posted by DCJenn
    Julie-

That's the stupid part- the downtown is revitalizing! It's an amazing transformation! They're extending the RiverWalk from the Missions all the way up to the Zoo. There are five different condos happening- some are new construction, some are retrofitted. There are in-fill houses going in all through my neighborhood. It's CRAZY.

Oh well, I just ordered from http://www.Greenling.com (for all of the Texans near Austin- they're a new online grocer who delivers- and it's all local and/or organic stuff)

Jenn
    That's crazy. I swear every city that has a major project you are always hearing about the craziest stuff going on, that seems so... obvious, like five year old level obvious. I seem to remember my MIL also saying there weren't really farmers markets in the area either, or not a strong amount of them. The zoo I seem to remember is by a really old park and some historic neighborhoods with large Victorians (I think they were Victorian). Are they putting new condos in the historic area, I hate it when they put up new row homes in the last neighborhoods that were still, special.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
      Wow Deebs, that's a nice deal! Right now for the first time I'm trying to use the CVS coupons you get. Some moms I know have this system all figured out, but some things you buy you get a $5 "rebate" towards a future purchase. Also there are $3 off a $15 purchase coupons that print off. I did this for some sunblock and face cleaner/moisturizer that I needed and was able to knock off a decent amount. Also I am buying a lot of my dairy, cereal, and some veggies from Sam's club. It's the only place milk is $3.25 a gallon.

Any other tips people are using that you feel like sharing? Share the love folks
      I'm a CVS nut too . I'm able to get a lot of household items there for very little by "playing the system"...that frees up the grocery budget for produce, milk, etc.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the $75 is set by the credit card company not the gas station b/c of the fraud that could happen on those pay at the pump machines. They have no way of verifying that is your card since no one checks the signature, ID, etc.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I pay with a debit card and the pump shut off at $100 for me last week. That was before gas went up to $3.89/gal here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
            What is this "budget" you speak of?
            Kinda the point, LOL, you tell me Btw, are you telling me for a family of 6 and the Dr. Dolittle clan a resident salary isn't giving you a savings surplus???

Comment

It seems like it varies according to which gas station I go to. They all used to cut off at $75, but I have been to one in the past couple of weeks that let me get to $90 before they cut me off.....wish I could remember where that was! I still didn't have a full tank, but I was a lot closer than I am when it cuts off at $75. I have thought about finishing the transaction and starting over right away, in order to leave with a full tank, but so far I haven't had time to do that.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We have an older suburban with the 40 gallon tank. We usually don't let it get all the way run out, but when we fill it up, we've been cut off at $75 for a long time. So we just do another transaction right there, usually.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X