Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you coupon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you coupon?

I haven't until recently. Last week I actually saved $90, which was 40% of my order at the grocery store! Wow! Tips? Websites? Advice?

This weekend, I printed off a 15% off coupon For Kohls that I was able to use on clearance merchandise too.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm a coupon master when it comes to clothing stores. Not so much anywhere else. I get a lot of random coupons in the mail. I'm not sure why. I have a macys platinum card, so think I must be on a "single girl with a shopping problem" list or something! No complaints here!

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Retailmenot.com used to have a bunch of great coupon codes for online shopping, but now that it's more popular, it's much harder to find a good deal. Kohls coupons are amazing though! I'm not a kohls fan, but my mom is obsessed. She never buys anything there without a coupon, and gets some unbelievably good deals.
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I do. Compulsively. I usually save 33-41 percent at the grocery. Wish I did better. There are lots of coupon blogs. I'll get you a list when I'm not on the BB.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I don't for groceries because, for the most part, I don't buy prepackaged food. I try to use coupons when I do, but since between 15 and 25% of our grocery bill is fresh fruit, there just isn't much that we can do about it.
        Kris

Comment

I used to be better, but subscribing to the Sunday paper turned into such a headache for me that I finally just cancelled it. (They took forever to start delivery; every month they'd switch over to daily delivery; and the bills didn't come with any regularity.) I guess I should just start buying it at the store instead of having it delivered, but that's just another hassle.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We are somehow on just about every retailer's list and end up with tons of coupons in our mail every week. I only use maybe half of them because they're always sending me discounts for crap we don't use. Sorry, Pampers and Luvs -- our youngest is almost 9 so we don't need your coupons for your products. Same to you Gerber and Similac.

I use coupons for whatever I can. But since most of our groceries aren't prepared foods, we don't have a lot of opportunities to utilize the available discounts.

I do, however, use coupons for all other shopping. Macy's, Target, Ulta, Sephora, Disney Store, Hot Topic, Pac Sun, etc. The Ulta coupons alone are worth the trouble. Also, if you're like me and have 8 billion member cards on your key ring, you can get an app on your smart phone that will hold all the membership card info along with each retailer's valid deals/coupons.

Comment

Hey Kris ... My coupons for today include fresh pineapple, bananas and fresh asparagus and potatoes. I also buy very little prepackaged. I saved on meat (spend $20 on chicken save $5; buy 1 pork roast get one free), laundry detergent, tampons, toothpaste, cheerios, deodorant etc

Comment

I don't because I wasn't finding enough coupons for stuff we already bought and I didn't want to get sucked into buying things just because I had a coupon. A friend of mine is one of those that buys things just because she can get them for free and has more shampoo, pads, etc. then she'll ever need in her life!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

PF/Kris - where do you get your coupons for the fresh stuff?? That's all we buy too, with the exception of Larabars and Pirate's Booty, but I order those from amazon's subscribe and save program. I buy all toilet paper and tissues at Sam's Club because I'm too lazy to do otherwise.

Like Diggity, I use coupons all the time for other stores, like BB&B, Ulta, Sephora, and some clothing stores.

Comment

DiggityDot - what is the name of the app?
                    Kris

Comment

Grocery store circular and grocery store coupon pack. Dole bananas from paper.

Comment

I usually have coupons for produce, dairy, meat, cleaning supplies, and toiletries. Not a lot of packaged food here either.

Comment

Key Ring is the app.

Comment

We don't usually eat out unless it is with a Groupon or a coupon from the ValPaks, Entertainment book etc. I always use a coupon for dry cleaning as well--although one place really pissed me off when I took in a 40% off coupon and the price didn't change. They said their prices were "already 40% off." Yeah. Right.

I don't usually for groceries, but I do shop the ads. I usually only buy fruits & vegetables if they are on sale (with the exception of lettuce) and try and plan meals around what is on sale. We always get our meat really cheap at Sunflower Market (similar to Sprouts) too. I never pay more than $1.99/lb for chicken breasts or ground beef.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Regarding prepared foods, right now I have coupons for:

Pistachos
                              Oranges
                              Peppers
                              Lettuce
                              Cheese (granted, this is prepared but I'm not making my own)
                              Wheat Bread
                              Chicken
                              Butter
                              Greek Yogurt
                              Eggs
                              Frozen Veggies
                              Taco Shells
                              Whole Grain Pasta
                              Brown Rice
                              Olive Oil
                              Vanilla

I use a coupon binder, shop the circular, and match the ads to my coupons. Our store doubles coupons up to $1. I also use coupons for diapers, cleaning supplies and toiletries that are often free or just pennies. Yes, you can end up with more tampons than you could possibly use but then I donate that stuff to shelters and the like. You can take a tax deduction for those donations too based on the FMV of the items donated.

I get coupons from the Sunday paper, from coupons.com, redplum and super saver on line, All You magazine, and from my store both on-line and in the mail. Some of the coupon blogs I like are Baby Goodbuys (awesome for baby stuff), couponsdealsandsteals, Money Saving Mom, Coupon Geek, She Saved, Free Sample Freak, Living Rich with Coupons, I Heart Kroger, I Heart the Mart (Wal-Mart), and Totally Target. You may want to set up a seperate e-mail address for coupons and clubs. I've also set up a FB account for my couponing e-mail address and linked all my favorite businesses and coupon blogs to that FB account. That way I don't have to stalk 27 different blogs and stores. I just get their updates in my FB feed. Since it's seperate from my social FB account, I don't have to wade through the blog feeds to get my friends' status updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X