Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tax preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did our own taxes until dh was in practice a couple of years. Now with a farm, ownership in a surgery center, my ownership of the building plus a myriad of other things.. I am so incredibly over my head. I look it over, but it is in greek to me!!!

Comment

Cpa
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

TurboTax.

Comment

I just got a packet of paperwork from our accountant to fill out for our taxes, it will take me longer to fill out this paperwork then it will to do them myself on TurboTax but I am SO concerned that we will get red flagged and audited because of our drastic income increase being out of training - GRR!! I just want them done!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Taxes are done!

I just got a packet of paperwork from our accountant to fill out for our taxes
            That's the worst part of it for me. I'm guessing for that reason alone an accountant wont be worth it until things actually get too complicated for me to figure out.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yep, I talked to my financial advisor today and he said ours are still easy enough that I can do them myself - so I am. Should have them finished before we leave on vacation - yay!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Im still waiting on the tax info from Fidelity

There is no way I could get it done without turbotax

Comment

I filed on the evening of the 6th and got my federal return on the 15th through turbo tax.
                  Kris

Comment

DH filed ours through TurboTax late last week. Hoping for that awesome refund soon! It came out bigger than I anticipated because I'd forgotten to factor DH's lifetime learning credit into my prediction.
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm SO done letting my husband do the taxes! I told him I didn't have tax forms for my retirement account, and I wasn't sure if I needed them, so he decided to just submit it without it anyway. Then we get a notice from him school saying there was a mistake in the paperwork they sent out, and they would be reissuing it. Since he already submitted, we'll have to file an amendment for that. He said he noticed it looked off, but he submitted anyway. I know we're in a hurry to get the money back, but we shouldn't be doing so without carefully reviewing it. This is at least the 3rd year we'll be filing an amendment.
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Filed (or rather my accountant filed) and I over paid so I'm getting a refund. Woo hoo!
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Just dropped off our packet at the accountant yesterday, finally (had to wait till mid-Feb for some investment tax forms, for some reason). Hoping we'll have a bit of a refund, but not too much.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Add for H&R block
                            They are hiring people to do taxes, "No tax experiance nessisary"

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
                              Add for H&R block
                              They are hiring people to do taxes, "No tax experiance nessisary"
                              I could tell they didn't have much/any when we went there. They also weren't very good with the software. It was excruciating for me to watch them fumble with "Where's that Next Page button?" and "Now how do I reprint this page?" We'd been pretty happy with them previous years, but that was the last year we used them.
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
                                Add for H&R block
                                They are hiring people to do taxes, "No tax experience necessary"
                                They have an ad on TV where they say they will double check your taxes for free.
                                I'd drop by with the 148 pages (includes worksheets) plus about 100 pages of supporting documentation just for the giggle factor if I was either a little more evil or a little more bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X