Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you saving for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying off the car and new AC

Saving to replace DHs in a few years

Possibly for a sprinkler system so I don't lose half the landscaping again

And just saving in general for when I quit in a few years

Fun stuff: dec 2015 trip to Branson with the kids and winter 2016 trip to Breckenridge, just DH and I
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

By replace DH, I mean his car, not him
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Nothing. We're desperately trying to hang onto our current savings because we're about to start bleeding money come June. Praying we won't have to pay two mortgages for long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          By replace DH, I mean his car, not him
          I was wondering!
          Alison

Comment

I had to borrow from savings to pay for DH to register for the ped boards. I'm anxiously awaiting the reimbursement so I can pay us back. Saving for life. He needs a newer car and wants a pick-up so he can do all his fun handyman stuff. I asked him not to put wood in my T&C minivan again. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Just found out what we owe in taxes. We're no longer saving for anything - it's going to the IRS. With any luck, ALL of DH's employment will be employed, not IC, this year, which will make next year's taxes much simpler and more predictable!
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We're in the same boat with a lack of saving at the moment. We are plowing through our savings to finish the wedding, honeymoon, moving, and the new things we will need at the new place like area rugs and a new couch. We are most likely going to need another car for me once I begin working but until that happens we will only have one.

But! We were able to make a budget that is comfortable for us to be able to afford everything we need as well as saving 10% of his income monthly to build our savings back up. Most of that will typically go to infertility treatments and trips to Pittsburgh and Portland to see family but maybe we'll take our own vacation at the end of residency. Maybe.
                wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

We're saving for a new fence and new kitchen appliances. So hip and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                    I had to borrow from savings to pay for DH to register for the ped boards. I'm anxiously awaiting the reimbursement so I can pay us back. Saving for life. He needs a newer car and wants a pick-up so he can do all his fun handyman stuff. I asked him not to put wood in my T&C minivan again. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Reimbursement came through today. I had borrowed 1500. Paid us back 1750. Win! Right? I'm trying to pay us back more than I take out of I do take money out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Short term, we're having the built-in entertainment center in our living room removed because it only fits a small TV. We have the money saved to have that done, but we'd like to have a TV and a new stand (not built-in) to replace the old one after going to all that trouble.

Long term, we're not saving very much besides retirement. We're about 3 months away from having our high interest debt paid off, so we'll probably readjust our budget to save more of a fun money fund after that.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                        Nothing. We're desperately trying to hang onto our current savings because we're about to start bleeding money come June. Praying we won't have to pay two mortgages for long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                        I know how you feel. Between residency interviews, a cross country move, and buying a new house I feel like all the savings we'd been working to build up are going out the window. We should start saving for a car since both of ours are '99 and '01. That will be our next goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

A house. Or trying to. Not saving much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                          X