Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gas Prices and Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="goofy"]Isn't there a new hybrid SUV? I think I read somewhere that there was one, but that the hybrid technology was used to increase performance instead of gas economy. What is the point in that? Obviously planned pre-3.00 gas. If there was a hybrid minivan or SUV that would seat 6, I'd buy it. I think some are in the works. Maybe 2007?
    quote]

Yes there is one, and I want it bad!!

The Toyota Highlander Hybrid! It has 3 rows of seats and gets a little over 30 mpg. It also has better performance than the regular SUV.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite ... index.html

It is so beautiful, and I want it bad. Sadly, it is a bit out of our budget right now.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I think I've heard that Toyota is introducing a Sienna hybrid, but like the "bigger" hybrids, it doesn't make a huge difference in the MPG. Was the SUV the Ford Escape??

Comment

Isn't there a new hybrid SUV? I think I read somewhere that there was one, but that the hybrid technology was used to increase performance instead of gas economy. What is the point in that? Obviously planned pre-3.00 gas. If there was a hybrid minivan or SUV that would seat 6, I'd buy it. I think some are in the works. Maybe 2007?

Yes there is one, and I want it bad!!

The Toyota Highlander Hybrid! It has 3 rows of seats and gets a little over 30 mpg. It also has better performance than the regular SUV.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite ... index.html

It is so beautiful, and I want it bad. Sadly, it is a bit out of our budget right now.

There are some other SUV hybrids on the market, but this one is the biggest and most gas economical I am pretty sure.

I've tried to post this several times, and I hope it will work now. If 10 of these show up, I am sorry, and feel free to delete the extras!

Comment

Bet they feel stupid taking all those electric cars out of circulation this past spring or whenever it was...

Comment

Is there an echo in here??? :> :!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Ugh, I kept trying to post to this because I was getting an error and it wasn't showing up! Someone please delete the few thousand extras I posted!

Comment

All clean!

Jenn

Comment

Gas prices are just insane. I just got around to reading DH's orientation info for his new job, and it turns out they will pay for 90 percent of his gasoline bill! Now, did he read this key two-paragraph section two months ago and save all his gas receipts? Did he even tell me he had a whole binder with all sorts of important info in it? Of course not!!! That would just be too easy and too practical to try and save us some money...we only paid $350 in gas last month! Ha.

Comment

Jenn, are your cars still available?
                    I was talking with Gretchen about it....not that we need another car...but the one I drive is slowly rolling itself into the grave.
                    How about some car questions....
                    What year are your cars?
                    Auto or manual?
                    miles? (I know Nigel is around 16K)
                    do carseats work AT ALL in either very well?
                    would you consider a road trip to visit your friends in Florida if a car could be sold here?....you never know until you ask.....

Comment

Maybe you could get them to throw in some free babysitting when they deliver the car -- so you can enjoy a date in your new wheels.

Comment

I think that I may just be dreaming about a new car....even though the "BOSS" did mention to get some more specifics....

I will most likely be the guy that everyone flies past on the side of the road, saying, "oooh, it sucks to be that guy"....and keep right on moving.

Comment

Matt:

both are stick shifts. both have the latch system for car seats. Otto (the auto) has about 20k (I think) in miles. Otto has every bell and whistle except for the James Bond issue stuff. Nigel is fast and fun and can hold: one 45 pound dog, one 24 pound kid in a car seat and 7 bags of groceries, plus the diaper bag. (or, one computer bag, and three suitcases) (or 3 bikes) and speaking of the bikes, Rick did scratch the insides of Nigel stuffing all three bikes in the car. It wasn't that they didn't fit, it was that I made a 9am appt. for him to donate them. On a Saturday. Before Nikolai, you remember, back when sleeping in meant 10 or 11, not 7:30?

I love my car- but if we only have one car, we need one that will hold more stuff.

Jenn

PS- a trip tp FLA is never out of the question! and we can stay at the Officer housing and party like rock stars with you and the Boss. and 3 boys under 5? right- we'll be passing out in our beer by 8 while Gretchen and Rick talk shop...

Comment

Working...
                          X