Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Madge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madge

You can be healthy, flexible, fit, and beautiful at 50, but her hyper-fitness undermines her overall "sexiness" because it screams, "NOT COMFORTABLE WITH MYSELF AND THE FACT THAT I'M AGING!!" Sexy isn't just having a nice body; it's not having to rely on that body for one's total sense of self-worth. A nice body presents you in an attractive package, but it should also send the message, "There's something even better inside." If your body doesn't project that there is something beyond the exterior package, then that is all anyone will focus on. And, as you age, your body will become more of an attention-hogging freakshow, rather than an asset.

She has always seemed to me to be very insecure (lots of super-successful people are insecure). Obsessiveness with sexuality, bizzarely coarse and vulgar language in contextually inappropriate circumstances, jumping around from religion to religion, training her body in a way that is almost unflattering in its strength... All says, "I have the mentality of a 15-year-old girl in need of approval."

When I think of a sexy over-40 woman, I think Sela Ward. Or Susan Sarandon. Or Lena Olin. Now those are stunning women, each of who has her own definite, unmistakable, uncontrived sexiness. They project self-confidence naturally and don't act like they need to "prove" themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
      You can be healthy, flexible, fit, and beautiful at 50, but her hyper-fitness undermines her overall "sexiness" because it screams, "NOT COMFORTABLE WITH MYSELF AND THE FACT THAT I'M AGING!!" Sexy isn't just having a nice body; it's not having to rely on that body for one's total sense of self-worth. A nice body presents you in an attractive package, but it should also send the message, "There's something even better inside." If your body doesn't project that there is something beyond the exterior package, then that is all anyone will focus on. And, as you age, your body will become more of an attention-hogging freakshow, rather than an asset.

She has always seemed to me to be very insecure (lots of super-successful people are insecure). Obsessiveness with sexuality, bizzarely coarse and vulgar language in contextually inappropriate circumstances, jumping around from religion to religion, training her body in a way that is almost unflattering in its strength... All says, "I have the mentality of a 15-year-old girl in need of approval."

When I think of a sexy over-40 woman, I think Sela Ward. Or Susan Sarandon. Or Lena Olin. Now those are stunning women, each of who has her own definite, unmistakable, uncontrived sexiness. They project self-confidence naturally and don't act like they need to "prove" themselves.

I would add Diane Lane to the list of stunning women over the age of 40.
      Kris

Comment

GrayMatterWife wrote:
        You can be healthy, flexible, fit, and beautiful at 50,
        I couldn't agree more
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
        X