Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Royal Baby: the great #KateWait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world is full of fools.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      Queen Victoria had a daughter named Alexandra, married to Tzar Nicholas of Russia.
      So it's the masculine form of the feminine. At least he can claim he's the first Alexander in the royal family.

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
      I like George too. It's a solid strong name and not something stupid like Apple or Chrome, lol.
      It also wasn't the 40:1 odds of the name Hashtag. Someone named their kid Chrome?

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
      I dare a Royal to do something that silly. Lol I just think of George Costanza from Seinfeld. And Georgie Porgie pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry. The name is ruined for me.

I do think it was nice to honor the great great grandfather - who was a very honorable Royal if The Kings Speech can be believed.
      Curious George, George Zimmerman...

Surprisingly the Palace reps for the couple are insisting that there isn't any significant meaning behind the name other than they are three names the couple likes. Even though others are putting deep political meaning into it. One journalist reported that 40 weeks ago William and Catherine were at St. George's Park which is the new HQ for the football league and that possibly they've named the child after the place of conception. Plus William is a huge football fan. That's the most creative explanation that I've read so far!

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
      I'm sure they discussed not having the full right to name their children prior to getting married. I don't imagine this was an issue of the queen bullying a new mom, just a given that she would have suggestions and final approval. At least they got to choose who they married...
      I don't think the Queen bullied them either. William is very fiercely protective of Kate but you're right that the Queen gets the final say and that was probably considered.

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      http://24.media.tumblr.com/20a61b27c...to5o1_1280.png

Reminded me of some comments I heard recently about letting kids choose their own gender. Some people are pissed that they are calling the royal baby a "boy". I mean, isn't there already a Boy George in England who has an ambiguous gender identity?
      OH-MY-WORD!!! I've just had my enough of all things baby boy and the name George. I'm so done with the royal baby news now. Wow. Going to put my fingers in my ears and sing "la la la la" when ever he's mentioned for the next couple of years. SMH

See you all back here then for round #2 of the heir and the spare? Toodles*
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• People are weird. I liked the comment that blamed Kate for having a boy.
        Kris

Comment

• It's the inverse of the newscaster comment I heard "Kate's always been a very traditional princess and she did the right thing here and gave us a boy."

Like she had a choice.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
            It's the inverse of the newscaster comment I heard "Kate's always been a very traditional princess and she did the right thing here and gave us a boy."

Like she had a choice.
            Seriously, this was all on Daddio!
            Kris

Comment

• I like Colbert's take on the name best:

Stephen Colbert explained on Wednesday's Colbert Report exactly where George Alexander Louis came from.

Seinfeld!
              "I am not surprised. Because as a royal watcher, I know that Will and Kate are huge fans of Seinfeld," he said. "Clearly named the baby for George Costanza, who is played by Jason Alexander, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus."
              He adds, "Because, just like Seinfeld, the English royal family is really about nothing."
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                After all the backhanded body shaming "compliments" about how great it is that she "didn't hide her post-partum belly", I'm wishing I had media access to post how great it is that Wills isn't hiding his male pattern baldness. If women have to battle unrealistic expectations after MAKING A HUMAN BEING then men should have to step up their game too.
                I seriously love you. Always an excellent perspective.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

• I didn't take the comments as backhanded. Huh. Now I've got to go feel bad about them.

They did immediately ask Wills if the baby had more hair than him in the questions as they were leaving the hospital. He said yes.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I didn't think they all were, but some *ahem Daily Mail* were. They featured that story right above another one about some celeb with the title "No Baby Belly Here"
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                      They did immediately ask Wills if the baby had more hair than him in the questions as they were leaving the hospital. He said yes.
                      Lol, love that!!
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

• Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        After all the backhanded body shaming "compliments" about how great it is that she "didn't hide her post-partum belly", I'm wishing I had media access to post how great it is that Wills isn't hiding his male pattern baldness. If women have to battle unrealistic expectations after MAKING A HUMAN BEING then men should have to step up their game too.
                        You should write that article and send it to the Onion. I did think she looked pretty fab, though.
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                          You should write that article and send it to the Onion. I did think she looked pretty fab, though.
                          Me too! If post-partum belly is unavoidable, I'd sure has hell like to be able to pull it off like Kate did. Even pregnant she was slim and slender, with just a little baby belly. Most women would kill for that. Why rake her over the coals? Jesus.
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Prince George is 4 weeks old now and his Dad gave a candid interview to the press about fatherhood. Link

These photos were taken by Michael Middleton. I like the one with their dog Lupo. I also love the fushia color on Princess Catherine. I was just saying to a friend I just want to call her Princess Catherine now because Prince William filled out Prince George's birth registry calling her Catherine Elizabeth - Princess of the United Kingdom. I've always wanted to just call her Princess Catherine and now her husband seemed to validate that for me through the birth registry.

I must admit the name George has grown on me since the littlest prince's birth. Plus it's also the name of Mary Crawley's son on Downton Abbey so I better get used to it! I love that show.

I also like that when George becomes King he will be George the 7th. That is if he decides to keep with the name King George because they can pick another name when they become King. Plus he was born in the 7th month and what a lucky number too.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

• Is it bad that my first thought is "ugh the lighting is horrible?"

Comment

• My thought was I could tell she was smiling for her dad, and William was waiting for the moment to end and relax.
                                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                                X