Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Clickin Moms Classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clickin Moms Classes?

I just signed up for a Study Along session on using a flash - has anyone ever taken a class with them? I'm getting excited but also nervous. Any tips for getting the most out of the class?
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Are u doing the off camera flash?
    -Ladybug

Comment

When I did a study along someone organized a separate forum on the site. They followed along and shared cc. The instructor and TAs were invited to the study along group although they didn't give CC. The study along group was critical to getting more out of it. Our instructor started a study along welcome thread and they started the group from that thread. I got the feeling this was standard operating procedure. I want to learn speed light. My lighting sucks here 75% of the time. So frustrating! What flash are you using? So exciting.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Yes! Wanna do it with me? I'm using my Christmas money, so excited!
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Clickin Moms Classes?

Yeah, I need major help with the sucky lighting here so I've decided to stop trying to do natural light with my toddlers in a dark house and learn speed light use.

My light is a Neewer brand - about a quarter of the price of the comparable Nikon.

Comment

I kinda do! Is the OCF different than the speedlight? Do you just detach it from ur camera and use a remote? I know nothing about flash!!!
            -Ladybug

Comment

Me either. I don't even know the difference between off camera light and speed light, I just need something about flash...

Maybe I should ask that before I start the class. But the materials made me think it'll teach speed light. But maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Are u doing the P52? . I just joined in today.
                -Ladybug

Comment

What r the materials?
                  -Ladybug

Comment

I'm not Doing the P52. I haven't actually joined yet (though I will), I'm just doing the class.

Materials are speed light and a remote timer/sensor. And prerequisite is that you can shoot in manual. I'm a super beginner but I can shoot in manual.

Comment

I have a remote. I dont' have a speed light. Did you do some research on yours? I have a canon. I need some cheat notes!
                      -Ladybug

Comment

I didn't, it was a Christmas present so DH did. I have a Nikon but this particular brand with the highest rated on Amazon that wasn't a Nikon brand. You could see if it works with a Canon.

Comment

I sooooo want to do this with you, but I don't think I can justify the cost of a speedlight and CM class right smack in the middle of ski season. There would be mutiny of big and small people angrily shaking their ski poles in the air at me.

Did you find the subforum for the study along participants. You might need to register for the site or get limited access to participate with the other SAs. It makes a huge difference in what you get out of the class. It pushes you to practice, post and share feedback.

Keep us posted!!! I'm super excited for you. I just read a great article on flash where they included the same photo shot with ambiant light, a bounced flash and an OCF (one light set up). Such a huge difference. The depth created by the OCF's directional light was remarkably better. I'm sold.
                          -Ladybug

Comment

I understand. This is the 10th class I wanted to take and I'm finally jumping in!

I haven't found the subforum yet - class hasn't started yet, would I be able to find it yet? I'm happy to join to get access, I just don't know if it'll be up yet.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'm so excited!

Comment

Have you had a chance to look at your material yet? It looks like you started yesterday.

I've been itching to pull the trigger on a class all week. This is the most self-restraint I've ever shown.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                              X