Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ClickinMoms Class Starts Monday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I really like the composition with the leading lines on the ottoman too. Although I think the first one needs cropped:

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I want to take more classes, they're SO expensive! I'd like to take a Lightroom course, probably. I've been using the free trial, and I REALLY like it. I tried using PSE, but I just didn't feel like I could easily do what I wanted in it. I discovered the adjustment brush, which I used a couple of times on shots with two people where one is properly exposed and the other isn't.

I'd also love to take Foundations of Composition, Intro to Natural Light, and Flash and Continuous Light. Why can't I have all the money in the world??
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

This week is shutter speed - stopping motion and introducing motion. Practice shots so far:

The lighting on this was really weird, so I converted it to B&W:

Plus I had more fun with aperture:

Comment

These are so fun! Thanks for sharing your journey! For motion you want your subject blurred and your background focused/still . Whatever is moving in the picture should be the blur. Whatever is still (trees/shrubs) should be focused and create stillness with the eye.

I love the last wide open shot with he circular toys. Great comp !
          -Ladybug

Comment

Thanks! I'm still working on good examples with the motion. I didn't really think about that with the motion, but that's a great point - I'll try closing down the aperture so there is more focus in the background to highlight the motion in the subject.

Comment

Focus on the background next to where she will be in the frame. Sometimes I focus on The foreground details to make a cool background subject blur.
              -Ladybug

Comment

Oh duh - that makes sense too. Thanks!

Comment

Here's one of mine from a SA class. I tweaked settings so I slow down my SS for a slight blur and focus on the kids in the middle not really moving, or at least not as fast. Search on Flickr for ideas. They have whole communities for motion blur.

https://m.flickr.com/photos/28513755@N06/9353367009/
                  -Ladybug

Comment

Here are my two best pictures from shutter speed week, I think (both SOOC).

Frozen motion:

Motion blur on the dog:

This week is the last week! We're covering ISO and white balance.

Comment

They're both great! The dog looks so excited LOL.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

It's over! I really feel like I've learned a ton. I can dial my settings pretty close to what I think I'll need, meter, adjust, and shoot pretty quickly now. I can make changes on the fly when necessary to maintain exposure. My SOOC images are a lot closer to what I imagine before I edit them. I'm going to try to keep taking at least a few pictures every day and try to keep challenging myself. I've been trying to keep up with the CM P52 as well. I started a separate blog so that I can put pictures up there. I'm still working on uploading what I've done so far, but it's here if you're interested: http://photography.allisonmccoy.com

And here's my favorite shot from today:

I learned that if the image is exposed properly, noise isn't as noticeable in an image with a high ISO. This was shot at 8000, and I don't think the noise is bad (I did edit it, but it wasn't a drastic difference).

Comment

Working...
                        X