Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Skincare/Makeup Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap! My routine:

AM:
    Wash face with Purpose soap while in shower
    Mary Kay Moisturizer
    Make-up (mostly clinique)

PM:
    Wash fash with Clinique cleanser
    Mary Kay Moisturizer

I don't exfoliate, I don't wear under eye cream 99% of the time, etc. etc. 8)
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I change the products that I use pretty often but here's what I use right now.
      I'm a sucker for new stuff and LOVE shopping for makeup and skincare.

This is my typical everyday morning routine:
      Clean & Clear Oxygenating Face Wash
      Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Astringent
      Neutrogena Healthy Face Skin Lotion mixed with some foundation (I have a few that I alternate with)
      Concealer under eyes- either MAC or Physician's Formula
      Physician's Formula Mineral Face Powder
      Blush [either MAC Decoy or Milani Luminous]
      Lipstick [currently either MAC Satiate (I think that's the name) or Maybelline Extreme Moisture in Nude Blush]
      Mascara [currently by Neutrogena]

Night:
      Clean & Clear Oxygenating Face Wash
      Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Astringent
      Almay Eye Makeup remover pads

My skin does better when I don't use a lot of things on it so I try to keep that to a minimum. I use Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask maybe once a month and L'Oreal Microdermabrasion every now and then.

I want to get something to prevent wrinkles but am scared it will break me out.

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
        Originally posted by alison
        [Tell me about the Aveeno, please?! I have looked and looked to try to find a different exfoliator. I like the Clinique one because it isn't greasy like their 7-day scrub.
        The Aveeno exfoliator is ok. I like the Clinique version much better; I have really oily skin, so I liked how the Clinique version really felt like a good scrubbing on my face but it's way too expensive! Anyway, the Aveeno exfoliator is more liquidy, not as particle-y as the Clinique. I got it for about $5 at Target, so it's not too expensive if you want to just give a try.

Good to know about the Step 2 coming in a pump. The thing I like about the bars is that they last FOREVER! I'll check out the pump when I run out...
        Yeah, the Clinique exfoliator feels good. I have combination skin. Some spots are oily, other spots, dry.

The pump for Step 2 is SO nice. You only need a tiny bit, and I'm almost inclined to say that it actually lasts longer than the bar.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Morning:

Wash face with Olay smooth skin exfoliating scrub, and follow with Neutrogena alcohol-free toner. If I have any zits, I put some Mary Kay acne treatment gel on them. I put Mary Kay triple action eye enhancer on my eyelids so my eyeshadow doesn't cake. I use Olay eye cream under my eyes, some Olay "targeted tone enhancer" on areas where my skin is a little discolored, and then I put Olay complete moisturizer w/SPF 15 all over my face and neck. For makeup, I use the bare escentuals stuff that I have raved about elsewhere. Their foundation has SPF 15. I wear concealer, foundation, finishing powder, blush, at least two colors of eye shadow, liner, and mascara pretty much every day unless I am sick or at the beach. More and more of my makeup is bare escentuals, but I still have 3 revlon quad eyeshadows that I use a lot, and my liner pencils are all Mary Kay. My mascara is Maybelline lash stylist in soft black, and I love it.

Night: Nothing I used to feel guilty about that, but since I started using bare escentuals, I don't as much because my face never feels oily or dirty, and I hardly ever get zits now. I use petroleum jelly to get my mascara off in the mornings.....I forgot to put that in my morning routine.
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
          X