Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Matching undergarments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching undergarments

Do you match your bra to your underwear?

I was never into this, although for a brief period in college bought a few sets from VS for DH's visits. Sometimes at random, I'll have black/white/nude bra and underwear on but that would be because the outfit needs a certain color. I don't think I even own any matching sets anymore. I was listening to the local radio station and was shocked that many women always try to wear a matching set (except for laundry day, etc.).

Nope, I match my bra with my top and my underwear doesn't match much of anything.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

please. i'm lucky if my socks match EACH OTHER, let alone my bra / underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
        please. i'm lucky if my socks match EACH OTHER, let alone my bra / underwear.

ditto. im lucky to get dressed most days.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
          Nope, I match my bra with my top and my underwear doesn't match much of anything.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I have to have them match, otherwise it just feels wrong. I don't know why. Sadly, I think my type-A-ness has a heavy influence in every area of my life including my undergarment decisions.

Comment

My vote is clean. Clean and in the drawer is bonus points. Clean and in the drawer and comfortable- well, then my day is made.

I do wear different colors depending upon differing outfits. (at least for the top half- the bottom half gets whatever is at the top of the stack usually)

Jenn

Comment

I love your poll choices.

I'm with Cheri. Once in a blue moon...otherwise I choose based on what I'm wearing.

Comment

Since I have always worn scrubs, I liked my bra & underwear to match each other and my scrubs!!!!!! I'm not always successful, but I try.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Are you SURE it's not to get some nookie with your hubbie in the broom closet at the hospital?

Jenn

Comment

LOL, nah, I know too much about microbes!!!!! Scrubs are so ugly and shapeless, this is my way to feel "dressed"!!!!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sometimes at night when I take off my clothes, I look in the mirror and think to myself: "Wow! How did that happen? My bra matches my undies!"

It doesn't happen offen, but when it does, it's a fluke!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I always thought this must be one of those mistaken notions that very young men labor under. (Since that's what they'd always see in catalogues, movies, magazines, etc.) I never thought to ask my husband until this thread came up, however. He confirms that, yes, as a teenager he believed that all women were wearing matching sets of underwear under their clothes.

He says he "doesn't remember" when he was disabused of the idea. Smart guy, that one.
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

SO didn't know you could wear a bra more than once before washing it. He thought it was just like underwear.

:huh: Hmm... well, at least I wear them more than once...

Comment

Not a chance. I wonder if my dh thought that women matched them? He's pretty practical, so I doubt it, but you never know about men.

Men are simple. Food and sex.
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X