Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Matching undergarments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine having as many bras as underwear either, for one they're 5 times more expensive. I probably have about 10 vs 40-50 pairs of underwear.

I do see Luanne's point about wearing something pretty and feminine under scrubs. I'd probably do the same thing.

Comment

No it's far more important to me to find a great bra that looks flattering under clothes. (My admission that I don't wear the matched sets is extra horrifying because my mom works at Vic's secret and gets 40% discount).

The girls deserve the best, and typically this doesn't happen in a cute, frilly matched set.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

It helps that I never pay more than $20 for a set of scrubs and the hospital provides my lab coats!! Also, I don't buy expensive underwear!!!!Each bra has about 5 pair of underwear to match it!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I can't believe I'm actually admitting this
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
            Luanne has power undergarments instead of power suits. :>

Comment

I guess I do but it was not my intent. I found Body by VS (beige) to work for me so I have been buying them evrytime they go on sale. The same for the panties. So, if you are into beige (boring/blah)...then, I guess I do match. Hey they go with 90% of everything in my closet since they are supposed to be "skin tone."

While DH once was watching TV with a friend, said friend exclaimed upon seeing a VS commercial that he wished his wife bought VS undergarments. DH laughed and told him I shopped at VS BUT the stuff I came home with looked nothing like the commercial. He thought it was pretty funny since he later had to share the conversation with me.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I remember shopping for a bra in VS once, and after showing me the bra, the salesgirl pointed to a huge picture on the wall and said "that is what it looks like on." I said "No. That is what it looks like on Tyra Banks."

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                  I remember shopping for a bra in VS once, and after showing me the bra, the salesgirl pointed to a huge picture on the wall and said "that is what it looks like on." I said "No. That is what it looks like on Tyra Banks."
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

No, see, the right answer would've been that's what the bra looks like on Tyra Banks after a team of Photoshop pros slaved on it for a couple of days. :>

(Not Tyra Banks, but pretty shocking nonetheless. http://demo.fb.se/e/girlpower/retouch/ )
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

Hee! I just had to add to this. I also shop at VS, but get relatively boring stuff, because the bras that feel good aren't the cutesy frilly ones. Technically, I guess sometimes I match, since some of my bras and undies are in the same line. It's a fluke when they do, though.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

when my mom was in town i took her to VS. she was in desperate need of a new, good bra. when we walked in...OMG the girls are so tiny in there. young and tiny.

anyhow, they measured my mom, told her what to look for...then asked me if i needed to be measured. serioulsy, NOTHING in that store would fit me. but, i did find it flattering that they asked...if not polite.
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I usually do the same color family. Does that count as matching?

I just bought a few bras by Fantasie and they are fabulous! Well worth the $!
                          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette
                            No, see, the right answer would've been that's what the bra looks like on Tyra Banks after a team of Photoshop pros slaved on it for a couple of days. :>

(Not Tyra Banks, but pretty shocking nonetheless. http://demo.fb.se/e/girlpower/retouch/ )

WOAH

I hope to one day actually be able to afford VS lingerie.
                            Or any nice lingerie, I like feeling like a laaady!

Comment

When I fit into Fredricks stuff I had matching sets...just like Luanne I liked feeling sexy under scrubs. Now that nothing but uglies fits, I don't match a damn thing.
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                                When I fit into Fredricks stuff I had matching sets...just like Luanne I liked feeling sexy under scrubs. Now that nothing but uglies fits, I don't match a damn thing.

That makes me mad. Not that you don't match your undies, but that "nothing but uglies fits."

There should be a beautiful lingerie store for all shapes and sizes (except the little sizes. Those biyatches have enough). Who wants to go into business with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X