Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Inexpensive makeup line made by Chanel... what's it called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive makeup line made by Chanel... what's it called?

I will think about it. For some reason Yves Rocher is in my head, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Originally posted by alison
    I will think about it. For some reason Yves Rocher is in my head, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.
    Yves Rocher is available here and I really don't like it. I've never heard of cheaper Chanel, but would love to know more.

JFK has really good prices on make-up in Duty Free (especially Dior). Do you know which terminal you're flying from?

Comment

julie, you crack me up!

"what terminal are you flying out of?"

you know where everything is!!!!
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I know that make-up selection in Delta and AA terminals suck but BA has much bigger stores. I've been flying out of JFK for over 10 years, but still haven't seen all terminals.

Comment

American has one of the oldest terminals in the airport and he dinkiest. Not much in terms of food options and a very small Duty Free, although it'll be cheaper than both Heathrow and Degulle (sp). Heathrow used to have great shopping but not sure what it's like now with the current horrible rates.

Comment

be careful buying too much food and drink. i just flew out of rinky dink charleston WV and had to dump my fresh coffee and toss my breakfast before i went thru security.

security was tighter than fort knox. just an
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

There's a Maui Tacos in the AA terminal at RDU. Not as good as the original, but better than most airport food.

Comment

You're leaving today?!?!

Have a great trip!!!!

Comment

Bring your own snack mix and some PB & Js or something.

Flying is no longer the luxury it once was, that's for sure...

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                    Can you actually bring food on planes? I thought it was food and liquids you couldn't get through security. This understanding is based on my diabetic girlfriend having her froot loops confiscated by TSA. Her reply to me was, "Well, everyone knows that Froot Loops are the official cereal of terrorists."
                    Heh.

I'm pretty sure you still can't take liquid through security (but you can buy it in the terminal after you get through security), but I've never had them take food away from me. We took snacks with us when we flew last weekend, and didn't have any problem. The announcements all had to do with "gels, liquids, or pastes" (and you can still take *some* on in carry-on, but they have to be less than 3oz each, and all fit in one quart-sized ziplock baggie).

I'd think if TSA was confiscating dry cereal en masse, parents with toddlers and baggies of cheerios would be up in arms.

ETA: And you can pretty much bring whatever you want actually on the plane. If you can get it past security and/or buy it in the terminal, it's fair game; they don't check at all once you're through security.

(disclaimer: this is all true as of recently for domestic flights; I haven't flown international recently enough to know for sure)
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

This is all so ridiculous!

I brought on board some lychee jelly cups (it's an Asian thang, I guess ). Each are less than 3 oz. Put them in a 1 quart ziploc. Went through security. I was stopped and told that I had gels and that they'd have to confiscate them. I was feeling snarky, and asked what exactly the problem was. I said each cup was less than 3 oz each.

The idiots don't even know their own rules.

So, I'm going to round up my 4 buddies and have 12 oz of shampoo. And what am I going to do with that amount of shampoo? Ugh. Whatever. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah the rules make no sense. I've travelled domestically with food and have had no problem. I don't get how shaving razors are allowed but not shampoo??

Btw, Alison, I love lychee jelly cups. I haven't had those in awhile. I like the mango ones too. Have you tried those?

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you can take food on board - as long as you skip the mayonaise and mustard. They're considered paste. :>

No seriously, any dry food should be fine.
                          I brought a Dean and Deluca sandwich on board. I was totally prepared to have to eat it if they were going to confiscate it, but made it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw
                            Yeah the rules make no sense. I've travelled domestically with food and have had no problem. I don't get how shaving razors are allowed but not shampoo??

Btw, Alison, I love lychee jelly cups. I haven't had those in awhile. I like the mango ones too. Have you tried those?
                            Really? I thought it was some odd thing that my parents got me hooked on. The mango ones are ok, but I prefer lychee. I like the lychee mango combination in my bubble tea.

Comment

I actually first had lychee when I was around 2 years old in Hong Kong with my parents. It was actually supposed to be a vacation for just them, and they were planning on leaving us with relatives. But since I was the youngest, at the last minute, my mom felt bad leaving me and brought me along.

She said I would just sit there and eat a bag full of lychees.

I learned about lychee and mango jelly cups because my friend's boyfriend lived in Queens NY near the Asian neighborhood. They're nice and refreshing in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X