Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Meeting with recruiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting with recruiter

I have a meeting with a recruiter (big recruiting firm) on Monday and I'm not sure what to wear. Do I need a suit? I have an dark interview one and a light summer one. Or I can do conservative business casual?

You're asking us?!
    You'll be great! Let us know how it goes.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

seriously? you're asking us. is amageddon coming? or the mesiah? good luck with the interview...and the clothes.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        You're asking us?!
        No kidding.

I'd rather err on the side of being overdressed than under so I'd go with the dark suit.

Comment

I was kind of hoping that Lily or Stella would pipe in.
          I'm just not sure how official this meeting is. I'm not really interviewing for anything, just meeting with the guy to give him a better idea of who I am and what I'm looking for.

Comment

If you're meeting with him for networking purposes, then I might just wear the summer suit. Or if you do wear the business suit, I'd wear a less serious color underneath in case you do feel overdressed you can take off the jacket or leave it open. But since this isn't a formal interview, I'm not sure I would wear a dark suit.

Comment

In that case, I agree w/ Pitterpat to go with the summer suit.

Even though you weren't asking my advice in the first place.

Comment

I always prefer to over dress for an interview, I had one boss that if he was having a hard time choosing between candidates he would look at what they wore and whether or not it was appropriate. I would wear the lighter summer suit.

I think Stella is gone until next week.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ditto to everything Lilly said.

We always asked our candidates to dress as if they were going to a real interview even though our meeting with them was pretty informal. Keep in mind that the entire process is an interview (starting with the recruiter and ending with the written offer).

You'll knock their socks off, Vishenka!

Comment

I have nothing constructive to add. I am just amused and pleased by this thread.

It's like me asking how I can be more bitter about residency or something. I dunno, I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Love you, Vishenka.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I found out that one of the reasons I was hired in my current job (excellent resume aside ) was because I didnt look too high maintenance, and they thought they could go for a beer with me
                      Maybe you should wear birks

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. I just wasn't sure how interview'y this meeting was. But I guess it never hurts to err on the side of a suit. I'll just stick to my summer interview suit to be on a safe side. It's a pretty big national recruiting company, and I am applying for finance jobs, so I'm pretty sure that birks and beer are out of the question.

I've never interviewed with a recruiter before. The last woman I worked with, I never even met, we dealt exclusively over the phone and email.

Comment

Working...
                        X