Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where do you buy your clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your clothes?

I'm looking for new places to shop for clothes.

So where do you buy:

1) work clothes?
    2) special occasion?
    3) leisure clothes?
    4) heels?
    5) accessories?
    6) best bargains for your money?

Re: Where do you buy your clothes?

1) work clothes? Nordstroms, Bananna Republic, Express Macy's, local boutiques
    2) dress attire? refer to #1, Anthropologie, BCBG, Bebe
    3) leisure clothes? refer to #5
    4) heels? Nordy's and refer to #6
    5) accessories? all of the above
    6) best bargains for your money? (I'm all about the bargains) Loehmanns, Ross, Marshalls

Comment

I'm an online girl all the way. But if I have to set foot in a store, this is the path:

1) work clothes? Work is casual- I wear a lot of skirts and usually preppyish skirts so Target, LLBean, and Harolds. Sometimes I get lucky at the PX.
      2) special occasion? Vintage ALWAYS
      3) leisure clothes? Runabout clothes- Target or the PX. Athletic clothes: Title nine, Lucy, or Target (bras always from Lucy or Title Nine)
      4) heels? What are heels?
      5) accessories? Target or Dress Barn
      6) best bargains for your money? Target. Overstock.com
      Loehmanns' in DC. Filene's Basement in DC.

Jenn

Comment

I guess I stay loyal to PNW stores when it comes to shopping...

1) work clothes? Nordstrom
        2) special occasion? Ann Taylor
        3) leisure clothes? Eddie Bauer
        4) heels? Nordstrom
        5) accessories? Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack
        6) best bargains for your money? Nordstrom Rack, Filene's Basement

How about a 7 and 8

7) Jeans? Nordstrom
        8) Undies? Costco Target
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          I guess I stay loyal to PNW stores when it comes to shopping...

1) work clothes? Nordstrom
          3) leisure clothes? Eddie Bauer
          4) heels? Nordstrom
          5) accessories? Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack
          6) best bargains for your money? Nordstrom Rack, Filene's Basement

How about a 7 and 8

7) Jeans? Nordstrom
          8) Undies? Costco Target
          This would be my ideal... but I don't shop for clothes for myself hardly ever. I do buy lots for Kate. I can not remember the last time I actually entered a dressing room, but I think it was... summer of 2006. Not sure on that, but I think so. That was a PX one BTW.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

80% of my wardrobe is from Ann Taylor loft. I have very little time and money to shop so I like to go to a place where I know exactly which style of pant and what size to buy. I don't spend thirty minutes guessing which size I am in this store. I usually go three to four times a year. I like most of their styles and ATL isn't too expensive in comparison to some shops.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Note:Non-maternity clothes!

1) work clothes? Ann Taylor LOFT mostly
              3) leisure clothes? Online, Chadwicks, sales, JCPenney
              4) heels? Payless or Nine West (yes, I know those are complete opposite ends of the spectrum)
              5) accessories? I'm not a big accessory girl
              6) best bargains for your money? Online sales, I get e-mails from my favorite stores (ATL mostly) and when they're having a good sale I tend to spend too much.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody mentioned outlets. They are a great way to stay with the store/brand you like while getting killer deals.

www.premiumoutlets.com

As for the discount department stores, don't forget TJ Maxx, Daffy's and if you're in NY/NJ - Century 21.

If you like a particular department store, sign up for emails and get their store card. You'll get tons in coupons and various private sale notifications.

Comment

I wish I had a good Premium Outlets near me.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Since I don't work outside of the home most everything is from Coldwater Creek, J. Marco's or Soft Surroundings.

For most shoes it's Famous Footwear or DSW.

Shopping online is the way for me most of the time, but I do go to Victoria Secret for all my under garment needs.

Comment

Premium Outlets. :banghead: I associate it with my mil. When she visits, we practically go there as soon as she steps off the plane, and go there over and over again until she leaves. I'm sick of that place. I hate digging in piles of clothes with her.

Comment

I have a few great consignment shops that I love to go to.... the best ones are in wealthy and/or trendy areas.

However, I need the time to go by my self and really look through everything.

I find some really great items. Unique pieces and designer. The prices are usually great and the clothes are not worn looking at all. My favorite shop even has a late summer and late winter sale each year where most everything is 75% off.

I make sure I do not buy things that have been cleaned at a conventional/non-green dry cleaner - the chemical smell gives me a headache and it makes my skin itch.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                          Premium Outlets. :banghead: I associate it with my mil. When she visits, we practically go there as soon as she steps off the plane, and go there over and over again until she leaves. I'm sick of that place. I hate digging in piles of clothes with her.
                          What will it take to change your mind? Most outlets have bus services, can you just put her on the bus next time? It really doesn't have to be a place of dread.

Comment

The only thing that will change my mind is if you were to go with me. Aw. Seriously, I have to hold this woman's hand up to the register, because she's unable to buy sh*t on her own. There's no way she'd get on a bus on her own.

Comment

1)work clothes? J.Jill, Penneys, Kohls
                              2) special occasion? J.Jill (I don't have many of these!)
                              3) leisure clothes? same as above, with Target thrown in
                              4) heels? DSW mostly
                              5) accessories? J.Jill (but not really a category for me, honestly)
                              6) best bargains for your money? Eddie Bauer outlets, J.Jill sales
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X