Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

your "go to" duds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your "go to" duds

Jeans, a cami/short sleeve/long sleeve depending on weather, and a sweater. I have a thing for sweaters. And a pair of flats -- black Donald Pliners I got on sale that are going to need to be replaced at the end of the year. I just ordered a pair of flat-heeled tall boots so that will probably be added to the mix if I like them.

Comment

These days, I've been sporting jeans fastened with a rubberband (very sexy!) or yoga pants. Do I at least get points for wearing heels with my jeans?? It's funny....with the first pregnancy I couldn't wait to get into maternity clothes. Now, I'm holding off as long as I can.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
        I'm suddenly being deluged with spring clothing catalogues. They're grassy, green and everyone is sporting skirts, short sleeve jackets and healthy tans. Who are these people? It's depressing. I have 6 more months before I even begin to flirt with a short sleeve jacket...
        What depresses me is when the summer stuff goes on sale, and I see winter jackets, boots, hats, scarves, etc in the store. I seriously feel dread for the winter, and you know summer is ending.

So isn't it exciting to see that the winter stuff is on clearance, the pastel spring wear is moving into the stores, and warmer, sunnier, more beautiful days are coming? Although we may have months until spring, at least we know winter is not just beginning. It's half way over!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
          Originally posted by KarrotKake22
          So isn't it exciting to see that the winter stuff is on clearance, the pastel spring wear is moving into the stores, and warmer, sunnier, more beautiful days are coming? Although we may have months until spring, at least we know winter is not just beginning. It's half way over!

Your're sooooo right, Kare. I need to slather myself up in self tanner and move forward...orange streaks and all.

Besides, this seasonal shift of catalogues means the new/now old Burberry is on sale somewhere, right??

YEP!! You're absolutely right. Sales are another major bonus this time of year.

This makes me want to begin a discussion on sunless tanners... I'm doin it.

Comment

To work: Dockers or cords w/a sweater and/or a long sleeved top. In warm weather, Dockers capris and short sleeves. Clogs, loafers, or low-heeled sandals, depending on the season. I get to wear jeans on Fridays if I donate a dollar to my principal's favorite charity.....I live for Fridays.

If I am not working....jeans and a top with running shoes or clogs. If I am not leaving the house except to run kids around, I will wear warm up pants and a t-shirt.

I only really dress up for church, and sometimes not even then. My high heels days are pretty much over, not that I ever wore heels that were very high. I like to look nice, but I can't deal with my feet hurting since I am on my feet most of the day. Also, whenever I have worn heels that are a little higher than normal to school, they make me too tall to stand and play the keyboard while I teach, which makes me have to do bend my knees in order to play. Not happening.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm doing my best to keep the cringing to myself. What will it take to get you guys into some fitting jeans and footwear? A personal visit?

Comment

Yes.

and can I mention once again that it's been about 75 degrees all week.

Jenn

Comment

Slacks, stilettos, detailed fitted top, either a blazer or a cardigan...

PS - Sweater tights RULE! (All tights/leggings rule. I'm currently obsessed with Assets Opaque Black Footless Leggings - love love love! They make me so skinny!)

Comment

How is it that footless sweater tights cutting you off mid-calf are okay, but capri pants doing the same are not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                      How is it that footless sweater tights cutting you off mid-calf are okay, but capri pants doing the same are not?

Yeah!
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

You would cringe at what I am wearing now and on most days. I have one pair of jeans I really like but my butt is too big to wear jeans. I get scared when I look in the mirror.

On most days I am dressed in sweats pants and a t-shirt. I just got back from the gym so I am wearing sweaty workout clothes under the previous mentioned items. I wear a pony tail daily. I don't wear yoga pants because I am too big. On days that I get out of sweats I generally stick to cords black or brown with layers or a sweater. I can't wear cool shoes because I have bunions and pinched nerves in my feet so shoe choices are limited.

However, I would take a fashion intervention anyday!
                        Needs

Comment

I'm a jeans girl....with tanks/slippahs in the summer and long sleeves/shoes in the winter. (I hit the Lucky 50% sale - yeah!) I wish I ventured into heels more often.....I have them....just don't reach for them. I blame Daegan, but really I just like the comfort of sneaks.

My hair ends up in a low bun ~98% of the time. But I LOVE my Ficcare clips!

For colors, I wear black (never brown/naturals), red, purple and blue...I also add other random colors as I find them....but only as tops...rarely colored bottoms for me. I'm trying though.
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I wear jeans almost daily, with a fitted v-neck or scoop neck long sleeve tee. If not jeans, then yoga pants which I absolutely love. More times than not I'll be wearing sneaks or low boots. Comfort definitely over fashion.

In the summertime, I wear a sundress nearly everyday with sandles and low heels. I think I definitely look better in the summertime. I'm usually a few pounds lighter and having the sunshine brightens up my mood and inspires me to dress better. :huh:
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
                              In the summertime, I wear a sundress nearly everyday with sandles and low heels. I think I definitely look better in the summertime. I'm usually a few pounds lighter and having the sunshine brightens up my mood and inspires me to dress better. :huh:

During winters while I was in college I looked like a homeless bag lady.

Comment

My biggest problem is that I am 5'9" and most stores don't carry talls.

My solution in winter is jeans (or slacks for work) with a fitted sweater (these are typically too short b/c of my height) with a fitted button down underneath that is untucked. This hides the fact that the sweater just barely meets the waist of my pants...
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X