Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stupid Sunday Times - shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Sunday Times - shoes

I've been following this thread but didn't have the energy to go look up these shoes, but HOLY CRAP! I could justify spending half that on a purse b/c you carry it almost everyday, but a pair of shoes? :huh:
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

For the record a good quality pair of shoes/boots lasts about 5-7 years, at least that's been my experience and I've walked a lot in my past life. Spending the same on a purse as I have on the shoes/boots did not produce the same results and the bag was history within a couple of years (due to wear and tear). So, purely from investment purposes, shoes seem to be a more prudent choice, plus you can't grow out of them.

Comment

I don't know that I would go as high as these particular shoes but I can tell you that good shoes do last and don't hurt.

I will never ever wear shoes that hurt my feet again. I don't care if they're 30 bucks or 300 bucks- if they hurt, they're not happening. and conversely, if they're comfortable then they're coming home.

I even more particular about running shoes- you don't have to pay 400 bucks for a pair of running shoes but if the ones that fit right cost the most, then it's not even a question. Buy the ones that fit the best.

Jenn

Comment

I will never ever wear shoes that hurt my feet again. I don't care if they're 30 bucks or 300 bucks- if they hurt, they're not happening. and conversely, if they're comfortable then they're coming home.
          ITA. This is easy to do now because they make cute Mary Janes, Skechers, and supportive flats now.

I even more particular about running shoes- you don't have to pay 400 bucks for a pair of running shoes but if the ones that fit right cost the most, then it's not even a question. Buy the ones that fit the best.
          Once again, ITA. This fall, I gave myself to buy several pairs of new pants, regardless of the cost. I wore my last pairs of jeans and pants for five to ten years, for crying out loud. If the best pair cost $100, I was going to buy them. In the end, the most flattering pairs for my body were Levi's at the bargain price of $33. :huh: Sometimes expensive products do not mean the most flattering.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
            Vishenka, the patent pumps are on Zappos.
            I got that, but who's the designer? I found tons of other stuff that I like but not those.

Comment

I'm sure someday I'll be able to spend a few hundred dollars on great and comfortable shoes, but I don't know that I'll ever get to $700 for one pair.

But like I like to say, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                Whoops! Sorry about that!

They're Bandolino. Linky: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32423770/c/4460.html
                Shoot, Bandolino 6 are too big and that's the smallest size. I guess I'll have to do with the other 3 pairs I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                  Y'know, Lily, I think all of us have things that we don't mind spending money on, while others might sort of gape at us. There was a thread a while back about what we're willing to splurge on. Those who buy cheap shoes certainly have their own vices - I know I do.

Personally, I prefer my shoes to be less assertive than any of these, but I've enjoyed following this thread. You fashion people are very entertaining.
                  Ditto on all counts! I love me some shoes and bags. I don't part with my money easily, but will spend money on those things. And restaurants.

There are strollers out there for the price of those shoes, and there's no way I'd spend that kind of money on something that's not for me.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I don't think there's such thing as too much of anything when it comes to either shoes or clothes or accessories. And I have a closet to prove it.

I've been put off patent a while back when a couple of pairs I got didn't stretch like regular leather and remained uncomfortable but may be I just need to raise my price point. I definitely have shoes that are more than my car payment but we're leasing. Now going above our rent would be a totally different ball park. Although the article about Bottega Veneta really got me intrigued.

Comment

Lily, JCrew has some hot 4inch mary janes on sale. I totally thought of you when I was going through their sale page yesterday.

Comment

This thread is totally cracking me up.

Okay -- CARRY ON!!!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn

Okay -- CARRY ON!!!
                          I hope in a good way but care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                            Originally posted by Flynn

Okay -- CARRY ON!!!
                            I hope in a good way but care to elaborate?
                            In a good way!

I've never been a shoe/bag person but like the previous posts -- it takes all kinds and we all have stuff we spend money on.
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I think the main reason women become shoe/bag whores is because they have nothing to do with weight or sizing. Buying shoes/bags is very different form buying clothes, there's no guilt about going up a size or not fitting into a certain size or feeling/looking fat in something. You may not be able to wear the latest clothes trends but you can always pull off the latest bag model. Also bags require very little maintenance and can be kept around for pretty much ever (depending on the original quality).

Comment

If I had $$ to spend on a nice leather bag that I would use for work, I'd get an Ellington Leather bag. They are very functional, seemingly very well made, and they have what I would call classic designs. Something you could spend over $150 for a leather bag. I'm not sure if any are the type of design you are looking for. Me, I want their catalina bag (not leather) , and am hoping to get one on http://www.sierratradingpost.com this summer with b-day money... (we'll see, I could want something else by then )

http://www.ebags.com/ellington_leather_ ... randid=120

try http://www.sierratradingpost.com for good deals, lots of professional bags there.

Comment

Working...
                                X