Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Walking in heels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking in heels

See, I knew I'd bring you over to the darkside. (I'm wearing my silver metallic ones, RIGHT NOW)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
      Alison, check your neighborhood pharmacy, Dr. Scholl's just came out with adjustable arch supports (very similar looking to what I have but you can make the arching part higher or lower). They're around $10.
      I'll have a look. The ones that I have seen before from Dr. Scholls with the adjustable arches are really big. Maybe they have come out with something smaller. Thanks!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

There's usually a men's and a women's version. I have the non-adjustable women's version and they fit my 5.5 size shoes.

Comment

Thread hijack

Yesterday my husbands anatomy professor did part of her lecture on body mechanics of high heels (she loves them) and my husband asked a question and she asked him what size shoes he wore - you guessed it she pulled out a pair of red patent leather heels for him to try - she had a pair in each size and all the students tried them.
          He said he is not switching over anytime soon.

Thread hijack complete by woman changing the lawn sprinklers in her red Crocs

Comment

I just bought these at Walgreen's (couldn't find the ones Vishenka recommended).

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product. ... ku3983778#

I'm going to try these out.

Comment

Will those Dr Scholl's things help the ball of your foot not hurt so much? I bought a cute pair of Clark's artisan mary jane pumps, ~ 2.5" heel. Damn, but they hurt. And they're CLARK'S!!!

Kelly, I have worn nothing but my running shoes for almost two years now. I am so tired of them! My next birthday marks my entry into my "late 30s" and I am determined to not look like the sloppy mom of 4 tiny children that I am.

Comment

The balls of your feet usually hurt when your entire weight rests on them. The arch supports give the rest of the foot support to rest on and take the pressure off the balls. When your entire sole rests on the insole of the shoe, your entire foot feels a lot more comfortable.

Comment

I bought 3" Mary Janes, and I have to say that that height is actually more comfortable than a 2.5. Can that be....?!?

Comment

The comfort of the shoe is not necessarily related to the heel height. Different brands fit differently regardless of the heel. Some are better if you have a higher arch, others if you have longer toes. Find a brand (or several) that works for you and stick with it (them).

I'm not very good at following this rule myself because if there's an adorable pair on sale, I'm not always successful at convincing myself that just because it's cute, on sale and my size it will fit.

Comment

I have discovered that as I get older, if my bad foot (the one with two broken toes that don't bend) isn't properly supported, the foot will ache for days afterward.

Is it worth it? Sure, for my cousin's wedding and the rehearsal, etc. But daily? Nope. Right now I'm wearing a cute pair of black flats because we're having a meeting with the head honchos from the state- they're generally comfortable shoes (they're leather, they're flat, they have a generous toe box) but because they have minimal arch support, my foot will be hurting by the end of the day.

Ah, aging. It's so fun.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X