Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

help dress me for dh's graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help dress me for dh's graduation

I've got another month until dh's graduation.

It's going to be held at a steakhouse in one of the private rooms... I still need to dress up, right?

I've got 3 maternity pants/slacks. Black khakis, and 2 pairs of jeans.

If I buy a dress, I will never wear it again.

Are black slacks and a blouse dressy enough...?

TIA.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Yes. Do you think you will wear a dress over the summer? Maybe you could get something that you can dress up. I liked dresses because I was so hot, they were more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
      Yes. Do you think you will wear a dress over the summer? Maybe you could get something that you can dress up. I liked dresses because I was so hot, they were more comfortable.
      I don't like my legs, so it'd have to be one of those ceiling-to-floor length dresses. I think I'm too short for those, though.

Comment

Yes the slacks and blouse are fine. If you want a dress, try calling some local kids consignment shops. Many of them have a maternity section. Just a thought. Have a nice time
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'll keep looking. I always need a head start on this, because I usually need to take things to a tailor...

I'm looking so unbelievably forward to graduation. The movers are coming at 8:30 the morning after the dinner.

Comment

Is it city or suburbs? (Actually, which steakhouse is it at?)
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              I've got another month until dh's graduation.

It's going to be held at a steakhouse in one of the private rooms... I still need to dress up, right?

I've got 3 maternity pants/slacks. Black khakis, and 2 pairs of jeans.

If I buy a dress, I will never wear it again.

Are black slacks and a blouse dressy enough...?

TIA.
              Yes but dress it up with fun shoes and jewlery.

I am not a dress person -- EXCEPT when I'm pregnant.
              They are just TOO comfortable and most grow with you.

I'll try and find some examples. My all time fav I found at Pea in the Pod (on clearance). I wore it for all three pregnancies so my 50$$ dress was worn about 9 times -- money well spent.
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thanks -- maybe you guys are right about wearing a dress. Dh is one of the ones graduating, so I won't be able to hide from people as much as in previous years.

I went to Pea in the Pod yesterday and didn't find anything nice.

My body is doing strange things... I've gained 2 pounds total (I'm in my 26th week). All my weight has shifted to the belly. Where'd my butt go?

Comment

Is this too short?
                  http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3027249/...bo=6005228&P=1

Maybe not dressy enough, but I think you get a bit of a pass when you are pregnant.
                  http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3013518/...bo=6005228&P=1

This might be better:
                  http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2943954/...bo=6005228&P=2

I had a few dresses from Japanese Weekend that I liked. They have a store in SF but that doesn't help you now! There is often a good selection in the sale area but check out the return policy.
                  http://www.japaneseweekend.com/Mater...resses_s/2.htm

Comment

http://www.apeainthepod.com/Product....tegory_Id=9996

I think the pring is "okay" but the style is what I wanted to show you. Chiffon ROCKS when you are pregnant because you have the top layer with something underneath. Add in some stretch and it grows with you. If you get something like this chances are because of your height it would be below the knees (imagine the modle being at least 5'8") PLUS you can do a cardigan with this.

Just a thought. I like Nellie's choices too.
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I had a chiffon (or similar) maternity dress that I LOVED. It came with a thin slip to go underneath and was so cool in warm weather.

I think you would get a lot of use out of a dress or skirt in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                        Is it city or suburbs? (Actually, which steakhouse is it at?)
                        I missed this, sorry!

It'll be at Gibson's in the city.

I don't know if you know if you're familiar with that area (Rush/State), but at last year's graduation, right outside the door they were doing tryouts for Deal or No Deal briefcase ladies, so there were all these tall skinny ladies prancing around in next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post

It'll be at Gibson's in the city.
                          that's where dh went a couple weeks ago during ACOG. couldnt have LOVED it more if he tried. i got to hear about all the SLABS, choices etc...that came out RAW for him to choose from.
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                            that's where dh went a couple weeks ago during ACOG. couldnt have LOVED it more if he tried. i got to hear about all the SLABS, choices etc...that came out RAW for him to choose from.
                            I'm glad to hear he liked it!
                            I've gone there a couple of times -- once when we were there, they had the wrap party for Public Enemies (Johnny Depp, Christian Bale). It's coming out soon.

Thanks, Nellie and Flynn for the dresses. I like the peasant look, but I think it might not be formal enough. The return policy at Japanese Weekend scares me a little bit. I just can't buy things off the rack...

Comment

Oh, and in my search for clothes, I found out that ATL is bringing back their maternity line in June.

Comment

Working...
                              X