Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Laser Hair Removal/Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a medical spa. A nurse practitioner does the first session. Their usual cost os $150/session.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Have you guys seen this thread? http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/...r-Hair-Removal

I still haven't gotten it. I got pg soon after I started looking into it. Went to American Laser and was not impressed by the sales/technician people. I'm waiting until training is over to go to a derm. Since I want to do my face, I would prefer to pay more for a real professional to do it

Comment

So, I've done 2 sessons on my underarms and love, love, love the results. I wore a sleeveless dress to a wedding last weekend and forgot to shave my underarms. When I remembered to check, my underarms were completely smooth. I hadn't shaved in weeks. I have one more session on my groupon. Of course, the clinic wants to sell me 10 more sessions but I'm going to wait and see. Many of you said that you were happy with your results after 3 sessions and, frankly, I'm not up for spending $500+ on hair removal.

There is a question here. . . I had bought 2 groupons but didn't read the fine print. Each groupon is $99 for 3 sessions. I thought I could use them to get 6 sessions on my underarms. The fine print says no. I have to use them for treatment in different areas. I'm thinking of doing the other 3 sessions on my bikini line but the NP who does the treatments is sort of a skeevy guy. Nothing in particular but he's just odd and while I'm comfortable with him working on my underams, I'm not sure about dropping my panties. Do I do it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
          the NP who does the treatments is sort of a skeevy guy. Nothing in particular but he's just odd and while I'm comfortable with him working on my underams, I'm not sure about dropping my panties. Do I do it?
          I wouldn't,s but take my words with a grain of salt because I am weird and don't like to go to male Drs. in general due to my own issues. Is this the only person that can do it? Are there any other locations?
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'd do it. Why waste the groupon? Can you wear a bikini/undies and just pull it aside? I'd be more comfortable if I had something on. It really depends on the guy though - if you are uncomfortable with him, maybe you should listen to your gut.

ETA: But I was a competitive swimmer, so swimsuits do not feel "revealing" to me, although nudity would (obviously).
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

If your gut feeling towards this guy is giving you the willies...I say skip it. What about doing your legs?
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Or eyebrows? I hate tweezing and I only have to tweeze about 20 hairs total!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

You know, I've never had to tweeze my eyebrows in my life. I'll have to see if the groupon is good for legs. I think it was limited to smaller areas.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                    You know, I've never had to tweeze my eyebrows in my life. I'll have to see if the groupon is good for legs. I think it was limited to smaller areas.
                    I would ask for someone else then. If he gives you the willies, he must do the same to others.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm thinking about buying a groupon for laser hair reduction and was going to post this question, but then dug this up. So how did the results hold up for those of you that got it? Still no hair or did some grow back? Also, how much does it hurt when you get underarms done? I've read to take ibuprofen prior to going or a spray on numbing spray...did this help? (I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain )

Comment

I liked it and there was a reduction of hair after 3 sessions. But I would need more for complete hair removal. I did my underarms and it did not hurt. (I'm a baby too.) It feels sort of like a thin rubberband snapping against the skin. Another groupon came up for this a few weeks ago and I was dying to do it again but couldn't spend the money.

Comment

I've been dying to get it for some time now since my hair is so dark...I hate having to shave my underarms directly before going anywhere in a bathing suit or being self-conscious the whole time. I think I can convince DH of finally letting me spend the money since it's on Groupon combined with the fact that he finally has a paying job!!! I'm glad to hear it didn't hurt too - that might be just the push I need.

Comment

I wish there was a Groupon for this in my area. I looked into getting my legs done at a local medical spa and they quoted me $3K and said I'd need 6-8 sessions. They also don't guarantee anything and fine print says "reduction" not "removal". I'm just not up to shelling that much money for a reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                              I wish there was a Groupon for this in my area. I looked into getting my legs done at a local medical spa and they quoted me $3K and said I'd need 6-8 sessions. They also don't guarantee anything and fine print says "reduction" not "removal". I'm just not up to shelling that much money for a reduction.
                              If you check regularly you might get lucky. I have seen them a few times over the past year. I can't imagine paying 3K either though!

Comment

I see them now and then but they are usually for 3 sessions in a smaller area like underarms, face, bikini line. Legs and backs are usually excluded.

Comment

Working...
                                X