Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite party game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite party game?

I am going to a game night and I have decided I want to buy a new game or two for my own personal collection. I already have apples to apples, which is an all time favorite of mine. If you were going to have a game night, what game would you want to play?
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Cranium and Apples to Apples are our favorites.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Things in a Box or sometimes its called "Things" - its a fill in the blank game where one person reads a card along the lines of "what not to do on a bus...." You then try to guess who wrote what. Its a really fun game and you can play it with all ages. We like to play it both with our friends while drinking and also with our family.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I'm a big apples to apples fan too! Battle of the sexes is fun also
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Taboo!
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Balderdash and Beyond Balderdash are pretty good too. They were my favorites before Apples to Apples came on the scene. A very fun, fast moving game is "Pit". The premise is trading commodities like on the stock market. The average round takes about 3 minutes.

For a smaller, less raucous crowd "Settlers of Catan" is a fun strategy game, but it is about 3 hours...
            Kris

Comment

Cranium is an all time favorite. My newest love is Banagrams, but if you're going to play with more than 4 people, you need a double set.

Comment

Thanks all! You have some great answers. Its just going to be J and I and another couple. So four people total. I am going to have to look up Banagrams.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

With a slightly larger crowd, we had a lot of fun with pictionary man. Pictionary, but you use a 3-d man-shaped whiteboard and two 3-d accessory shape whiteboard blocks to draw on to try to get your teammates to guess the word.

I'm liking Dominion recently, and it's good for 4 players, but if you're not at all into the collectible card game type of game, it's got a steepish learning curve. Ticket to ride is pretty fun. Who Killed Dr. Lucky is kinda like an updated "clue"...kinda. Lots of fun.

Ooh! If you like rummy-type games at all, I *highly* recommend Five Crowns. The same company makes "set" and "quiddler" and "xactica", which are all also awesome: http://www.setgame.com/
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I love Settlers of Catan so much. It's our go-to right now (along with Scrabble, which will be my go-to forever, although there aren't many people on whom I will inflict my Scrabble-playing).

Taboo and Cranium are great for big crowds. And I'm deeply loyal to Trivial Pursuit in big groups, although the questions seem to have gotten whackier in the newer versions.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                      I love Settlers of Catan so much.
                      Oh wow. I thought we were the only people in the world with that game in our collection. I feel a game night coming on...

Comment

What's your favorite party game?

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM.
                        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                          Oh wow. I thought we were the only people in the world with that game in our collection. I feel a game night coming on...
                          I'm so there.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
                            Hands down, Apples to Apples. It's hysterical!
                            The one response that goes down in family's hall of fame/shame is "choir boys" The green card? Sexy! My BIL threw this to my uber conservative mom! I think everyone at the table nearly died laughing!
                            Kris

Comment

Although a little tricky to learn immediately... Killer Bunnies is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                              X