Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite party game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our favorite party game is Rockband. Yeah, we're nerds who entertain other nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      Our favorite party game is Rockband. Yeah, we're nerds who entertain other nerds.
      Oh believe me, if I could afford it, I would get it... I just ran by target and saw that the two game I had in mind (catch phrase and Things) were around 30 bucks each and just couldn't shell out the dough. I am finding them cheaper online... so I might purchase online and have for the next time I have a game night.

For now, its apples to apples and Disney Scene it. I also have mad gab, skipbo, and scrabble. I have a game called Imaginif, but you have to have eight players that really know each other for that one... Did I mention that I love game night? I am a huge dork. Id rather stay in and play games then go out.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

What's your favorite party game?

Love catch phrase, taboo, apples to apples, imagine if is a good one for about 6 people, outburst.

I have an entire storage closet FULL of board games. I am a game dweeb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
          I have an entire storage closet FULL of board games. I am a game dweeb.
          This is me too. DH isn't into board games as much as I am so I'm always on the look out for a fellow board gamer.

My favs are Apples to Apples, Scattergories, Catch Phrase, Taboo, and Last Word. The new card games that Hasbro and Parker Brothers are putting out are great too especially for travel. The ones we have and enjoy are Monopoly Deal (Love it & I can even get DH to play with me since it only lasts 15 minutes!), Yahtzee Hands Down, Scrabble Slam, and Sorry Revenge. These are also fun with the kiddos.

I keep an eye out on Craigslist and yard sales and I've gotten pretty lucky with some good deals.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We've got a house full of gamers here as well. We do board games, card games and (of course, with a teen) video games. We've enjoyed the Munchkin series from Steve Jackson games lately. It is a parody of D & D type card games. Game time lasts about an hour and it is funny.

This summer I managed several mega Monopoly matches with the kids. I didn't think I'd survive the five hours at the kitchen table and the possible fights, but somehow it all worked out. My DS is a little ruthless, though.

I wonder if it something about med families/internet groups or if we've just got a flock of game people on here?
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I call us "Mr & Mrs. Board Game". We even played Cribbage while I was in labor with Jacob! Scattergories is another awesome one, and I agree with Julia that Trival Pursuit keeps getting weirder and weirder.

As for the closet full of games - ours literally fell out all over our sitter the other day. I came home to find her putting away the last of the monopoly ....

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                DH isn't into board games as much as I am so I'm always on the look out for a fellow board gamer.
                I am always down for a game night so PM and we should set one up here in Albuquerque. I love, love, love Apples to Apples, Trivial Pursuit (mainly cause I can beat my husband at it), Scrabble, and Scattergories, although we play a homemade version where we pick our own categories (mainly when we play with my nieces). I hate to admit that I am out of the loop but what, pray tell, is Settlers of Catan?

Comment

Things in a Box, Bananagrams, Wits and Wagers

Comment

I have Quelf on the way from Amazon. The reviews look hilairous!
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We are huge board game and card game fanatics. It's usually us and one other couple.

Board Games: Ticket to Ride Series (Europe, Marklin, USA 1910), Settlers of Catan (we two of the expansion packs- Seafarers, Cities & Knights), Quirkle, Scrabble,

Card Games: Peanuts, Hand and Foot, Back Alley Bridge

Here are links to Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Quirkle
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.BrainSurgeon View Post
                        I am always down for a game night so PM and we should set one up here in Albuquerque. I love, love, love Apples to Apples, Trivial Pursuit (mainly cause I can beat my husband at it), Scrabble, and Scattergories, although we play a homemade version where we pick our own categories (mainly when we play with my nieces). I hate to admit that I am out of the loop but what, pray tell, is Settlers of Catan?
                        Yes, I'll definitely be PMing you about this!
                        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens View Post

Card Games: Peanuts, Hand and FootTicket to Ride[/URL], Settlers of Catan, Quirkle

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Peanuts and Hand and Foot. LOVE them. I miss playing Hand and Foot because you need 4, and Alexia is a little young for it, but I need to start teaching her. Ryan plays though, so it is fun when my mom and sister are here so we can play. Peanuts - you are the ONLY other person I know outside of my family who knows this game and calls it by Peanuts! Everyone else I have ever heard of calls it Nertz. I even played it with someone once who had special decks for it called Dutch Bliss. For those that don't know Peanuts, it is Solitaire Showdown with 2+ players.

My extended family are HUGE board game nerds, and I have heard of and played both Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride, but I didn't love either of them. I like Ticket to Ride better than Settlers of Catan though.

I also really like to play Pinochle, especially in teams with a pass for the player who wins the bid and calls trump.

Really, I'll play just about anything. There are a few games I am not that fond of, like chess. I hate chess. I've considered joining some bridge and bingo leagues with the senior citizens around town. I am such a dork. I have never actually played bridge though.

Anyway, so cool. If we ever have a chance to meet we'll have to play Hand and Foot and Peanuts!
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I love Taboo!! And of course Apples to Apples! Who doesn't love that game? Smart Ass is a fun game too!
                            -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Heidi - I'm a bridge fanatic. I have volunteered at the nursing home in our area as a bridge player. I'm thinking of getting my son to go up too. They need people to play games and he is also a bridge player and a game maniac. I figure the 80 year olds would get a kick out of a 14 year old.

I'll have to look in to this Peanuts. Sound cool.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Seriously those of u that like apples to apples need to check out things in a box. Although u do need at least 5 for it to work well.
                                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X