Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That just happened to me in a Barnes and Noble. There was a book I wanted that was $28 in the store and $16 on their website. The employee just shrugged and said it's always cheaper to have the item shipped direct to your house, so I went home and ordered it online!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

cabela's happily price matches their website.... just in case anyone needed to know

Comment

WTF are you doing frequenting Cabelas?

Comment

Cabelas is so fun! We go just to wander around.
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Fly fishing baby. And magic likes the fish in the tanks. As well as all the taxidermy animals.

Comment

Cabela's is all sorts of awesome. That the ONE thing I miss about AZ; we had a Cabela's only 20 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                Cabela's is all sorts of awesome. That the ONE thing I miss about AZ; we had a Cabela's only 20 minutes away.
                I have one 5 minutes from my house. DH and I like to go after a dinner date. We're classy like that.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We're super outdoorsy peeps. I totally love their camping gear sections and the clothing. I've never purchased anything from Cabelas that was of poor quality. And their selection of cast iron cooking year is ridiculously huge.

Comment

I always for black friday ... but not this year. The seals aren't that good and the whole t-day start has turned me off!

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm usually a hard core BF shopper for the same budgetary reasons Heidi mentioned, but so far I haven't seen anything that has motivated me to go. Also, with me in major decluttering mode in preparation for the move, I'm forcing myself to be extremely disciplined in what I buy just because it's cheap.

I started couponing this year and have a ton of stuff I've gotten for free or pennies on the dollar so I think my perspective of a "good deal" has also changed due to that.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I really need furniture more than anything, especially a dining set. Has anyone seen any killer furniture deals?
                        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm looking for a good deal on a freezer chest. Has anyone seen anything worth standing in line for?
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Maybe check Sears? Te deals don't seem so great this year though
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Are there other things on sale that aren't advertised or is it strictly what has been advertised?

Do the clothing deals ever sell out or do people strictly go for the electronics/big ticket items?
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

It takes awhile for the clothing deals to sell out...the electronics are the stuff that goes in first 5 minutes. My husband went to Best Buy--the line was already too long at 6pm, so they are trying for Target. Lame.
                                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X