Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

X-Mas gift ideas for DW??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go in cycles with pintrest. I'll spend some time collecting projects and recipes and then spend time doing them. Then I'll forget about it for awhile and one day remember it again and repeat the process.

My suggestion for presents are soft things to wear. My thing since it's becoming cold is soft socks or booties for around the house or soft sweaters and other long sleeved tops. My favorite thing I got last Christmas from a friend in Colorado are these traditional hand knitted Nepali slippers with a fleece lining. I wear them all the time when I'm home and love them. They're original, so comfortable and durable. My other favorites were these $8 fleece Christmas slippers from Costco. My sister-in-law and I both got a pair from my Mom for Christmas but we both wore ours out in 6 months. They had nice cushioning and after a long day on your feet it's good to slip into something comfortable at home.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

HeyMeganZ, PM me your email address, and I'll send you an invite.

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
      My favorite thing I got last Christmas from a friend in Colorado are these traditional hand knitted Nepali slippers with a fleece lining.
      I recently got these arm warmers from Nepal, and I'm in love with them. They're just like you said: hand-knitted and lined with fleece. Awesome!
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by cedarsnow View Post
        I love the initial idea...www.peggyli.com has a few beautiful ones that she custom makes for a good price. Hope that helps!
        Thanks for this link. I have been struggling to find a necklace that I like on etsy but love just about everything on this site! So I sent a not very subtle email to DH with the link

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
          HeyMeganZ, PM me your email address, and I'll send you an invite.

I recently got these arm warmers from Nepal, and I'm in love with them. They're just like you said: hand-knitted and lined with fleece. Awesome!
          Those are awesome! I'm putting it on my wish list. I need a new pair of Nepali booties too but I couldn't find a link for them. I'll have to ask my friend in Colorado if the little store she picked them up from is still open and has more. Love them!
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
            Those are awesome! I'm putting it on my wish list. I need a new pair of Nepali booties too but I couldn't find a link for them. I'll have to ask my friend in Colorado if the little store she picked them up from is still open and has more. Love them!
            What part of Colorado are we talking??
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Lamorna, you're very welcome! I have my eye on a couple of the earrings myself

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                What part of Colorado are we talking??
                She just bought a place in Boulder but I think she picked them up in Denver. I'll have to ask her.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                X