Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Need: comfortable black pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need: comfortable black pump

Ok retail goddesses, I need some recommendations.

I'm in need of a supremely comfortable basic black pump. I'm going to have to wear these shoes for 8-10 hours straight in a few weeks and will be on my feet running around the majority of that time, so I'm talking *supremely* comfortable here. Anything up to 2.5" should be okay. Mary Janes or T-straps preferred but not required. Would like to spend less than $100 but will go up to $150 based on cuteness factor. I've thought of born, sofft and naturalizer so far but will take more recs if you've got 'em!
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

I have some soffts and I find them very comfortable: http://www.zappos.com/sofft-ramona-b...t?zfcTest=fw:0
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

If you go with Naturalizer, make sure to try them on. I have funky feet (neuromae in both) and Naturalizers kill me. The height on their heels is always exactly perfect for irritating my neuromae and the regular width shoe box is tight while the wide is waaaaay too big.

I've had the best luck with either Anne Klein or Bandolino.

Comment

I bought some super comfy black patent wedges at Cole Haan.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have these in black - they're SUPER comfy!

http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product...sher/well-wish
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I read the title of this thread and immediately thought breast pump.

I would actually like a comfortable black breast pump, though.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have a variation of these: http://www.endless.com/Clarks/s/ref=...26pageCode%3Dd

Er...sorry for the HUGE url.

Here's another: http://www.endless.com/Clarks/s/ref=...26pageCode%3Dd

I also have quite a few pairs of Born pumps/sandals which are very comfy. BCBG heels are also comfortable for *me*, YMMV. BTW, I bought my Born and Clarks pumps to wear to school, which is set on the side of a mountain so there are ENDLESS stairs. Still comfy.

Comment

Those are super cute Cheri!! Love Aerosoles
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

You all are killing me. I keep clicking links and then thinking..."I wonder if DH would find out if I bought these."

I, v-girl, have a shoe problem. I can't stop buying them.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm a nine west junkie.. their black wedges are god's gift to women. literally. If you're okay with the look of a wedge (i personally think they are FAB) go wedge, no matter the brand. Way more comfortable after a loooong day on the retail sales floor

I have a pair of mary jane Söft are comfortable but they do not have a firm enough ball of the foot. By the end of the day I can't feel the bottom of my foot. A little platform is better especially if you're on tile/industrial carpet

I just love love wedges
                    sigpic
                    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                      You all are killing me. I keep clicking links and then thinking..."I wonder if DH would find out if I bought these."

I, v-girl, have a shoe problem. I can't stop buying them.
                      Same here, and the sad thing is most days I only wear my funny looking vibrams or chuck taylors. Someone mentioned somewhere (you?) about a nude wedge @ Payless. I promptly went out and got them. They're still in the box.

MrsSz...totally agree about the wedges. So comfortable. Suzy, LOVE those wedges you posted!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                        Same here, and the sad thing is most days I only wear my funny looking vibrams or chuck taylors. Someone mentioned somewhere (you?) about a nude wedge @ Payless. I promptly went out and got them. They're still in the box.
                        My 7th grader has them in black. She's my kid. I only have two pairs of shoes still in the box right now.
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I have tons of Cole Haan shoes (one of the few labels that makes 5.5 that are easy to find) and very happy with all of them. They do have several internal lines however, and the higher end ones are more comfortable.

Comment

I bought a pair of high heeled black mary jane style pumps at my daughter's dance supply store because they were half price. I kid you not, those shoes are more comfortable than some of my flats. I wear them whenever I need to wear heels and still be able to run up stairs and walk long distances. I figure they were made for dancing, so you've got to be able to move in them. right?
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That makes perfect sense, Angie!

Thanks for the recs everyone. I'm gonna stop by a few stores after work today to see if they have any of these in stock so maybe I won't have to order a bunch.
                              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Working...
                              X