Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help Me Find a Similar Jacket (or tell me to just give up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it depends on where you go. I have a co-worker who loves the Macy's personal shopping service, and Macy's clothes are less expensive than many of the other stores that offer the service. My co-worker seriously has the cutest clothes ever. She is a single mom, so she doesn't have much time to shop, so she thinks it's perfect. The personal shopper selects things she would never try on her own, but then ends up loving!
    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

So I had to laugh because this jacket just showed up as an ad link on another site.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lafayett...rt&cm_ite=core

That's it, right Deebs?

I would love to do a personal shopper someday but I agree that I'd probably do Macy's rather then Nordstrom's, thats just more then I'm willing to spend.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

SS - the one you found is it!
        On the personal shopper front - for what I needed, it was great. I grew up in Chicago where fashion is a little more cutting edge than Cleveland and much less conservative. I also have a large bust, so only certain styles work for me. I was able to share this all via email prior to meeting with the PS. She had an entire rack of clothing pulled from all over the store of things that could work. If I had been in a rush, I could have been out of there within an hour, which can also be great when you have three small children. If DH has a work event come up, or we have something very specific, I will use her again.
        I did miss the shopping experience. I love shopping, even though i really don't have time for it. She did also pull some things like a $1000 St. Johns jacket. I didn't try it on. I told her it was hilarious that she thought that would fit my budget (in a cute, fun way, not snotty like it looks in print), and gave it back. I knew I didn't want to fall in love with anything crazy expensive, like the jacket that I didn't look at the price tag on and ended up bringing home.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I would love the convenience of a personal shopper but there are some days when it's nice to mill around and see what I can come up with. If I had kids that would be a different story!

Comment

"What I can come up with" consists of striped shirts that are too short (why do I keep buying stripes? They look terrible on me!) and jeans that give me a muffin top and/or make my butt look huge. I *need* a personal shopper!!!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              "What I can come up with" consists of striped shirts that are too short (why do I keep buying stripes? They look terrible on me!) and jeans that give me a muffin top and/or make my butt look huge. I *need* a personal shopper!!!
              This is why you shop with a girlfriend who will be honest. That's when I end up with clothes I feel good in and will actually wear.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Ditto, LadyM. I've been having a hard time finding clothes that are both snot-proof and friendly to my post-partum body. Now I really want to try a personal shopper but looks like our department stores don't have that service.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Von Maur doesn't have personal shoppers? That totally seems like something they would have!

My plan is to go shopping with my sister in the spring when she is post baby and we have saved some! I do need to set DH up with one from Nordy's though he needs new dress work clothes.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I always found the salespeople in Von Maur so helpful, I don't think I would have needed a personal shopper.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I thought they would but it's not on the website. If they do, i should set up an appt for DrK. He is hard to shop for and I think he'd take impartial advice better than mine.
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Or you guys could just have my DH come out and help your DH's shop...he floves shopping and could do it for hours and hours and hours every. single. weekend. LOL!
                        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I hate shopping. I do find wondering aimlessly a stress relief though. A personal shopper would be an asset for someone like me who has trouble making decisions let alone putting together outfits. After my main accessory isn't spit up, I would love to try the direction of a personal shopper sometime. Enjoy it Deebs!
                          Needs

Comment

Working...
                          X