Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fall wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to an outdoor wedding in October a few years back, and it was over 90 degrees. In Illinois. So flipping hot!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I love fall weddings!! So pretty. I love the suggestion of sweater dress and knee high boots. I'm not exactly a fashionista though.

Comment

Thanks all...I'm not sure about the sweater dress idea...
        I'm not confident enough to pull of anything too clingy. I'm not comfortable with a belt to give myself a waist, either.
        As far as the riding coat, I have a real one, lol...but.. I don't think I'll wear it. My friend getting married is an upper level dressage rider and has other upper level riders and grand prix riders attending the wedding. I think, they'd think, I was nuts. I could possible use my tall riding boots though. without my spurs
        LSW, looking forward to it. And if anyone else has ideas...show me!
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of a cord A-line skirt with opaque tights and high boots and layers on top - tucked in blouse and a cardigan may be. Just make sure that neither of the layers hits below hip level and it'd look better if one was tucked in or slightly shorter/longer than the other one.

Comment

Sweater dresses are sometimes hard to pull off for us big-boobed gals. There are some really cute ones out there, but finding something that flatters AND doesn't have that "Meh, I'll just throw this afghan around myself" look, can be tough unless you're willing to try on a LOT of sweater dresses.

Comment

Julie I like your idea...pictures? So I know what to be looking for. I'm excited to see what LSW has too.
              DD, Agree....it also doesn't help I'm not comfortable with myself!

Comment

Here is the final result. I'm feeling self conscious....headed to the wedding.

Comment

You're fabulous!! I think you look great!!
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I love it! Perfect!
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

You look so lovely!
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You look great. I love the necklace
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

So pretty! Perfect outfit!!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Pretty
                            Needs

Comment

You do look fabulous!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Beautiful! Have a great time.
                                Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                                X