Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tech gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech gifts

Dh is all into tech. Any good Christmas present must haves.

I thought about a solar powered iPhone 5 charger? What do u think?
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I'm eyeing custom photo iPhone 5 cases. But that might not be his thing.

I also really want a nest thermostat, but that is a less than sexy gift. But one that keeps on giving!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

How is nest better than a regular programmable?
      Kris

Comment

DH wants a Nest, too.

I bought him a Brennan for his birthday last year. He LOVES it!
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

the Nest is *awesome*.

Kris, how it's different from a regular programmable thermostat: it will connect to the internet over wifi, which allows it to know the temperature outside where you are, and allows it to be accessed through the nest website and/or phone app. You can check the temp in the house from anywhere, and reset it if you like. It also tracks exactly how long it's on each day, and what temp it was set to and when (my husband just an hour ago, I kid you not: "you set the temp up to 71 the other day?"). If you use it as intended, when you first boot it up, you just change the temp at the thermostat for a week or two when it is too cold or hot for you, and it learns your habits and will use that as its "schedule". That didn't work with our completely nuts EM residency "schedule", so DH programs it a little more manually, from the website. It also has a motion sensor, and if it hasn't sensed you walking around for a while, it goes into "auto-away" mode (if you've told it you want it to do that). It also has an option to figure out (based on history and the outside temp) how long it'll take to get to the target temp, and it'll start that many minutes in advance of when you've set it to get to the target temp.

Like I said, awesome.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

How is nest better than a regular programmable?
            What Sandy said In a nutshell, you can actually program it!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Oh my. I want that. DH is a total techy but he just buys all his crap himself as soon as it comes out. He wants a special white coat for Christmas that has a special pocket for his iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                Oh my. I want that. DH is a total techy but he just buys all his crap himself as soon as it comes out. He wants a special white coat for Christmas that has a special pocket for his iPad.
                What is this interesting thing you speak of?
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Www.medelita.com
                  DH wants the Osler men's lab coat made for the iPad. It's 142.00 but if you tell them you talked to them at a conference, it's $106.00. Embroidery name and title is free.

Comment

We sell them at our campus bookstore too...I bet they would have them by you guys too!
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                    X